Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 350 (blouse)

Reviewed by:SueT

About SueTstarstar
MA USA
Member since: 7/11/04
Posted on:2/22/06 11:24 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
labsrule said... (3/4/15 11:15 AM) Reply
Thank you for the very informative review. I am a beginner and after reading your review and the comments, I have decided to wait until I have more experince before trying this pattern.
Eilene said... (10/9/06 8:30 PM) Reply
I wish I had read your review. I had the same problem but could not save mine. I ended up throwing it out. It fit great in the bust, but then tapered in so much I couldn't come close to getting it to fit after that. No more Silhouettes for me
Karen W. said... (3/10/06 6:22 PM) Reply
Stephanie, so nice to know who inspired the creation of the blouse! Note, there was an error with the measurements on the pattern envelope for this pattern - there's a sticker that goes over the 1-4 sizes with correct measurements. Sue, I wonder if that could have been the culprit for your fit challenge? If you have the pattern and don't have the sticker, email her to get the correct #s. I was in a couple fitting workshops with people doing muslins and this pattern was "muslined" on a couple - it still needed some enlargement (I think they'd muslined it based on the incorrect #s) but I liked the closer fit. I'm doing it in a wool double knit and planning to make it more body fitted than the more blouse-like style - great versatility!
AnneM said... (2/24/06 9:05 AM) Reply
Interesting pattern. And good info on potential pit-falls in the fitting.
MaryBeth said... (2/23/06 5:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for a great review. I do hope you'll post a picture with you wearing this muslin of your blouse. My waist is thick so I'm sure I'd benefit. The design has an interesting history making me want to order it.
Lisa Laree said... (2/22/06 4:52 PM) Reply
Good point about the waist sizing; I usually match measure bust and hips in a blouse; thanks for the heads up that waist is important on this one!
sedonamama said... (2/22/06 4:45 PM) Reply
Sue, what a wonderful review. If possible, can you please post a picture? I have this pattern, too, and would like to see your finished product before I tackle mine!
Stephanie Corina Goddard said... (2/22/06 4:24 PM) Reply
Well gosh, as I am the "Stephanie" who provided Peggy with the original RTW garment to knock off, let me first admit that while I drafted my own version of the design, I have not actually used Peggy's. What prompted me to pass the garment design on to Peggy is the flattering result of the cut-on upper sleeve on an ample figure. It draws the eye across the shoulders. The original, BTW, had a narrow cuff and was sewn in a solid white cotton. Contrasting fabrics at the undersleeve and the side front/back will yield a totally different result and should be selected carefully.
mamacita said... (2/22/06 3:40 PM) Reply
I believe you have saved me from a wadder experience! I have this pattern and it keeps getting pushed to the back of the to do pile. I don't know why exactly but I am glad I did not tackle this earlier. I am thick in the waist and the upper arms!! Maybe I should wait until I loose 30 lbs. LOL. thanks for the warning. I would like to see your pics...sounds like a very good save!
SouthernStitch said... (2/22/06 3:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for bringing this pattern to my attention. I really like this design. Do post pics soon!
Queendom said... (2/22/06 12:46 PM) Reply
Thank you. I have this pattern in my stash and planned to make it soon. Your review was very helpful, I'll pay attention when I cut it out.
Lorna C. Newman said... (2/22/06 12:17 PM) Reply
Wonderful review! I have this on my to do list right now. Your tips wil make it easier. I need to use the D cup fronts, though. I noticed that when I made previous tops with the D front that the shoulder seams were shifted a bit to the back. Did you find the same thing? I can't wait to see the picture!

Marfy 2264