Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7949 (Gloves)

Reviewed by:juliette2

About juliette2star
NA AUSTRALIA
Member since: 6/18/03
Posted on:2/23/06 0:44 AM
Last Updated:1/28/07 8:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Kellie R. said... (9/2/07 9:42 AM) Reply
Thanks SO MUCH Juliette - this is the same pattern I'm using that I posted about. Your gloves look beautiful and I don't think SEWISTS would notice any small imperfection. THANKS!
AnnieInNYC said... (1/28/07 10:23 PM) Reply
Your gloves are spectacular! Thanks so much for the review. I never would have thought of making gloves, but would love to give it a try, especially to eliminate that annoying space that sometimes occurs with RTW gloves between the glove and end of sleeve.
KiwiWendy said... (1/28/07 4:58 PM) Reply
I have short & broad hands (size L), so now I know I'll need to shorten the fingers a smidge, cos I've had this pattern for ages and am finally going to get around to making them.
LiZ said... (1/28/07 3:37 PM) Reply
Fabulous gloves.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/28/07 1:02 PM) Reply
Wow - these look fabulous. I am so impressed. I wouldn't even attempt to make a pair like these.
fuzzygalore said... (1/28/07 12:49 PM) Reply
What a good idea... I have thin hands that are as long as large men's, you see the problem :-). I generally stick with stretch, or endure fingers that twist randomly because they aren't really touching me. This could be the solution... Thanks for the inspiration, and congratulations on your great results!
Marji said... (1/28/07 11:52 AM) Reply
How impressive! They look great in the pic. Great review too, thanks for including it.
BeckyC said... (1/28/07 10:06 AM) Reply
Great looking gloves! I love how long the cuff is -- seems like RTW glove cuffs are never long enough for me. Even though they're challenging to make, you have a pair of gloves that fit your hands! Congratulations!
slanden99 said... (2/24/06 2:09 PM) Reply
Despite the challenge, I'd rather make mine fit me that spend hours at the stores trying to find some with short enough fingers.
juliette2 said... (2/23/06 2:37 AM) Reply
That's right, the fingers were long enough for me. I consider myself "advanced" but not "expert" -- there's always something new to learn in sewing. I was a bit daunted by the pattern but decided to try it anyway. After all, the world won't end if my gloves don't turn out well! Go ahead, try it! They really were fun as well as frustrating!
Katharine in BXL said... (2/23/06 2:02 AM) Reply
Uh-oh, you're an advanced sewist and had trouble! I have this pattern, but it sounds like it will linger in the stash. Ironic that it fits you but it's so troublesome. But the second time around it will be easier to sew. Why not spend an afternoon and make a few, at least one or two pairs will turn out? ...and just to make sure, you didn't have to adjust the finger length for your long fingers?
joyoussprite said... (2/23/06 0:50 AM) Reply
I love this pattern! I thought they looked challenging, and haven't gotten up the courage to try them yet, but I'm so happy that you did and told the rest of us about them. I usually find that my second attempt at anything new is a vast improvement.

You Sew Girl 150mm Poppet Purse Pattern