Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 212 (Wrap Top)

Reviewed by:Liane M

About Liane Mstar
Member since: 1/5/04
Posted on:2/23/06 11:05 AM
Last Updated:2/23/06 6:06 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Lori Sews said... (2/26/06 10:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful! I have to get this pattern!
kv said... (2/24/06 4:48 PM) Reply
Wow!. Simple and SO elegant.
Joni2 said... (2/24/06 9:38 AM) Reply
Ditto the other comments, and your craft(wo)manship really shows!!
AnneM said... (2/24/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've actually had this pattern in my stash for a while, but haven't made the time to use it. Your top looks great. (I will definitely wash mine first, and size down.)
Liane M said... (2/24/06 6:51 AM) Reply
Thanks to everyone for your nice comments. I decided to list my measurements in comparision to the envelope as I thought it would be helpful for other plus girls to see exactly how "plus" I am. I hope that helps someone decide if this pattern will really work for them. The thing I noticed in reading other reviews is that this top is somewhat adjustable because of the ties. On smaller girls the points are closer together. Tonia: I'm really short waisted and I liked the length. I'll see if I can get DH to take a picture with me wearing the top later today.
Danvillegirl said... (2/24/06 5:24 AM) Reply
Love the fabric color and I am sure the top looks good on you.
CatherineG said... (2/24/06 1:53 AM) Reply
This garments looks so professional! Nice work.
Sherril Miller said... (2/23/06 11:39 PM) Reply
My measurements are almost exactly the same as yours. I didn't think this pattern would work for me, but WOW! I love your top and now I want one too. Pretty fabric you used.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (2/23/06 9:59 PM) Reply
You made a beautiful top! I have made this pattern and found it quite short thorough the body. How did you find the length?
MaryBeth said... (2/23/06 9:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric. It must be wonderful to make a new top before work!
Rhoda K said... (2/23/06 7:37 PM) Reply
A beautiful top and I, too, will have to put this on my wish list.
Peggy said... (2/23/06 7:27 PM) Reply
this is such a pretty top...the pattern is now on my wish list.
TarheelSewer said... (2/23/06 6:45 PM) Reply
What a very pretty top! I have this pattern, but also being plus-size have been apprehensive about making it. Thanks for reviewing it.
bunz said... (2/23/06 6:45 PM) Reply
That is GORGEOUS! Wow, we all want to make it :-)
mamacita said... (2/23/06 6:34 PM) Reply
Liane, I just went back to look at your review again and there was the picture. Thank You! Looks absolutely lovely....great color too!!
Mufffet said... (2/23/06 4:03 PM) Reply
Good review and makes me want to try this!
Liane M said... (2/23/06 2:27 PM) Reply
Pictures are coming. I got up super early and made this before I had to start working. I'll get a picture posted soon. You're gonna love how easy this top is to make.
hnjmom said... (2/23/06 1:10 PM) Reply
Liane, this review really makes me want to buy this pattern. Thanks!
mamacita said... (2/23/06 12:34 PM) Reply
Based on your review I am ordering this pattern today. Sounds like a bit of a gamble, size wize. If we don't preshrink, we don't know how much it will steam shrink? Right? But after reading about your experience, I want to make it up. I have some cotton,polyester and lycra knit I just got yesterday fron Fabric.com yesterday. I was disappointed at how light weight it was as I wanted to make some knit travel pants. This review greeted me this morning over my cup of tea and I thought: brilliant! I will make the CJ wrap tops out of this stuff! I wish I could see a picture of yours! Thanks for both the review and the inspiration!

by: catintheha...