Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2561 (Women's Pants)

Reviewed by:Peggy L

About Peggy Lstarstarstar
TN USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:2/28/06 9:04 PM
Last Updated:4/21/06 10:58 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

azjune said... (10/2/10 8:01 AM) Reply
I tried clicking on the links to your photos, but I only get page that says that the photos are private.
Yvonski said... (9/21/08 2:06 AM) Reply
I couldn't access your photos. The review sounds good though.
Deepika said... (5/17/06 8:02 AM) Reply
How did I miss this earlier? Great pants Peggy and its unbelievable how much express charges for these pants. I've been known to go in there and come back out empty handed because no matter how much I love the editors, I will not pay $69 for them. Time to take out this pattern and give it a shot! Great tip on joining the fly extension. I will do that too. Love the Betzina method!
Vonnevo said... (4/21/06 8:12 PM) Reply
Terrific Peggy. I also make all my pants and skirts sewing the contour bands or waistbands on first and sewing the side seams last, from the bottom. Makes final fitting a breeze.
Nickle said... (4/21/06 7:02 PM) Reply
Those pants look spectacular on you.
diane s said... (4/21/06 5:14 PM) Reply
A great review and I appreciate the tips, I have this pattern on order to make out of my Fabric Mart bundle too.
ladylola said... (4/21/06 5:13 PM) Reply
I just cut these today. I should have done like you did and cut the zipper extension as part of the front, oh well... I will sew the waist bands on the front and back before the sides, that's a good idea! Since it will be a wearable (hopefully) muslin, I may have to tweak. Thanks. Both your pairs look good.
PegL said... (4/21/06 12:39 PM) Reply
Your latest pair is very cute! DD owes you big time! ;>) When is it Mom's turn for cute skirts and pants?
seKimberlyso said... (3/2/06 1:51 PM) Reply
Great job with the fit, especially with her out of state during the sewing process.
Jan B. said... (3/1/06 1:05 PM) Reply
Great pants and good review. I love that you're going to tweak the crotch area and make them better than RTW. We sewest are a picky group! That you get this nice fit by long distance is amazing.
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/1/06 1:03 PM) Reply
Nice to see these work well in non stretch fabrics as well. I have this pattern traced off on the table right now. I plan on using moleskin for mine. I have to double check the size, though as I had not noticed that warning about going up 2. I will do a muslin first, though. Hope to get them done for the weekend ...
casken said... (3/1/06 11:41 AM) Reply
These pants are very flattering on her.
Tarawebster said... (3/1/06 11:35 AM) Reply
These are gorgeous! I don't know why I've overlooked this pattern before. I've been looking for a new pants pattern to try, and your review has convinced me that this is the one I want to check out. They look great. Thanks for the review.
SouthernStitch said... (3/1/06 10:58 AM) Reply
Peggy I can see I will have to invest in yet another pant pattern! Great job, so nice that you can sew for DD from afar and get a good fit - and pants at that!!
BjP said... (3/1/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Great pants with such a nice line to them. If I could end up with a pair of pants that looked this good, that's all I'd sew!
Nickle said... (3/1/06 7:17 AM) Reply
What a good fit you got and you couldn't even try them on during constructing. Lucky daughter.
Peggy L said... (3/1/06 7:12 AM) Reply
Mollykat - haven't tried these for me but I would like to. I am working on my pants muslin from the Sagers Fitting Class so maybe one day. I would do the wider contour waist for me. Thanks for all the nice comments.
Debbie Cook said... (3/1/06 6:53 AM) Reply
Great pants, and a lucky daughter!
Danvillegirl said... (3/1/06 5:26 AM) Reply
Great looking pants. Your daughter is lucky you can fit them for her.
PegL said... (3/1/06 0:12 AM) Reply
Great pants! The fit looks very good and with a little tweaking you'll have perfect! What more could a DD ask?!
touran said... (2/28/06 10:31 PM) Reply
Scrumptious color and wonderful fit on your daughter. I'm so glad you made these up. They look very professional.
Tailypo said... (2/28/06 10:28 PM) Reply
Lucky DD!!! They look great.
Lori V said... (2/28/06 10:08 PM) Reply
Those are great looking pants. Your dd and my 19 yo dd think alike!!!
Cambric Tea said... (2/28/06 10:04 PM) Reply
Those are really good. I love that they are red! Great review!
Karla Kizer said... (2/28/06 9:50 PM) Reply
Peggy, these look great. I can see the front crotch adjustment you mention (my DD's pants need the same adjustment), but let's face it, when RTW pants fit like this, don't our DDs buy as many pairs as they can afford? I was very distressed when I tried this pattern for my DD and wound up with the size pants she only dreams of wearing. Believe that warning: use stretchy fabric or go up 2 sizes. Thanks for reviewing these, Peggy.
Leslie in Austin said... (2/28/06 9:24 PM) Reply
Hey! Great pants. The back looks like they fit well, but yeah, I agree, you probably need to do a small wedge shaped dart in the front. (This coming from a woman who still doesn't have a good pants draft.....)
Mollykat said... (2/28/06 9:22 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants! Have you tried this on yourself yet? I'm wondering how they look on a more mature figure...
MrsKeds said... (2/28/06 9:11 PM) Reply
Those are some great pants! I wish they would look half as good on me!

by: nellc