Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2064 (Donna Karan)

Viewed 2068 times

Last Updated:12/3/02 10:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
ReneeO said... (4/16/04 4:35 PM) Reply
I love this top. Your version is stunning! No fba? I *need* this pattern! :)
Hazi said... (11/8/03 5:53 PM) Reply
Thanks Sharon. I enjoyed reading your review. I made the view A top and view C pants several years ago, and I agree with everything you say about the top, although I found the pointy bit which wraps around a bit tricky! I used a teal green cotton lycra for both the top and pants.
berlin-girl said... (9/20/03 2:54 PM) Reply
thanks a lot for your review of that great top. i so would like to sew that but vogue prices are really beyond my student budget. could you probably descibe that in more detail so i can try to draw a pattern myself? or if you donīt need that pattern anymore would you sell it to me? thanks a bunch, berlin-girl
cindyann said... (12/4/02 2:51 PM) Reply
Wow, what an unusual top. I really love it. How would it be on a small bust? "sigh" Cindy
starlene said... (12/4/02 0:01 AM) Reply
Simply smashing! I have often wondered about that pattern, thanks for reviewing it. You say its great for a large bust, I must own now!!!!
Catherine Nielsen said... (12/3/02 8:10 PM) Reply
Sharon, thank you for the review. I just purchased this pattern, but have been too chicken to dive in. I just had a baby, so the comment about the drape hiding tummy bulge was great!
said... (10/8/02 6:45 PM) Reply
I love this pattern, too! Think it's too fitted for this old bod, but may try to convince DD that she "needs" it! Thanks for the great review.
said... (10/4/02 1:20 PM) Reply
Thanks for responding to my request for this pattern review! The fabric I tried to make view C pants with was not nearly stretchy enough...read"complete failure". I even attempted to save my efforts with A zipper, but no, it was just cut too small even for that without a heap of give in the fabric. It was sad ,but I had more so used another pattern. All is not lost, I learned. That silky stuff you used was far smarter than my attempt. I too dont have a serger,but I was going to be brave. I will try the pattern again with better stretchier fabric since you had success,I still worry about the waistband instructions. I'll try the top too since you rave about it! Thanks again!
said... (10/4/02 11:47 AM) Reply
Also, for Tina, Lycra is a brand name for spandex. Lycra brand is generally seen in better garments and fabrics and you can expect consistent quality. Christine Johnson fabrics appear to be excellent quality from the swatches. (disclaimer, I work for DuPont although not in Lycra).
said... (10/4/02 11:40 AM) Reply
I have this pattern too and I'm so pleased to see it made up! I was going to make it a year ago but became pregnant before I got around to it. There is definitely value in reviewing out of print patterns!
said... (10/4/02 11:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for all of your comments. Yes, the top is really fun to wear, and it does turn heads. As for fabric, this top did NOT have lycra in it, but did have quite a bit of stretch, which you will need since it is designed to be very close-fitting. Dale - LOVE the idea of turning it into a dress, I hadn't thought of that and I think I may have the perfect knit sitting in my stash!
said... (10/4/02 5:33 AM) Reply
Wow! that's a stunning top.. you must turn heads with that one on. I'm thinking maybe lengthen the hem and turn it into a dress... love that assymetrical look.
said... (10/4/02 4:47 AM) Reply
Sharon your a wizard, it's one of the best I've seen here, congrats!!!! I'll have to get this one too!
said... (10/4/02 4:21 AM) Reply
sharon, you made a beautiful top! thanks for sharing it! i am inspired.
said... (10/4/02 1:10 AM) Reply
Just bought this at JoAnne's pattern sale; so glad to see it's wonderful. Do you think Cotton/Lycra and some of the other knits available at Christine Johnson's website would be good, or can we only use spandex? I sure wish San Diego had some decent fabric stores! (Whine whine!) :)
said... (10/4/02 0:11 AM) Reply
Sharon, all I can say is WOW!
said... (10/4/02 0:08 AM) Reply
That is a sharp looking pattern! Sharon, the top is gorgeous! BTW, I had to switch browsers to get the photo to work...don't know why, but netscape navigator has problems with a lot of the photos. Try using explorer, if you have the option!
said... (10/3/02 11:41 PM) Reply
I, too, bought this pattern when it first appeared. Love it but have never made it. Your comments encourage me but I wish I could see your picture. The photo site is not working for me either.
said... (10/3/02 11:27 PM) Reply
that top is just gorgeous.
said... (10/3/02 11:20 PM) Reply
Excellent review, love the top.Whizzing the pattern to the top of my to list.Thanks
said... (10/3/02 11:16 PM) Reply
oooh, beautiful top! the garment photo is not working for me, but i'm sure it's fab. i'm adding this one to my wish list!
said... (10/3/02 11:05 PM) Reply
This is really gorgeous!! You did a great job!!
said... (10/3/02 9:27 PM) Reply
I love this top!! I am going to see if I can make one for myself, it's beautiful !!

by: divabuddha