Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8471 (Men's Buttoned/Collared Shirt)

Reviewed by:twistedangel

About twistedangelstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/18/05
Posted on:3/6/06 4:46 PM
Last Updated:3/8/06 1:20 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
Hilary said... (3/10/06 4:16 PM) Reply
Nice looking shirt! And no, I didn't notice the button boo-boo till you mentioned it, lol. Congrats on finding the perfect shirt for your man!
Judy Williment said... (3/9/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Great shirt - definitely a keeper! I've made this pattern approximately 15 times for my DH2B and his twin brother, and they love them. To get the close fit without sacrificing movement, stretch woven fabrics are fantastic. (Incidentally, the first time I made this for DH2B, I accidentally put the buttonholes on the wrong side. He jokingly refers to it as his "blouse", but still wears it!)
Lori Sews said... (3/8/06 9:35 PM) Reply
Great shirt. Your view is spectacular!!
twistedangel said... (3/8/06 8:34 PM) Reply
No Lorna, I haven't tried it. I'll put it into the queue. I still have a pile of men's patterns to evaluate. :-) Although I'm partial to Burda at this point, I would like to give Jalie and Wild Ginger a shot, too.
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/8/06 7:00 PM) Reply
Have you tried the man's shirt in one of the WOF prior to Christmas? There was a narrow fitted shirt there but I have not tried it yet ...
Tessa said... (3/8/06 3:19 PM) Reply
I had to go back and look again to notice the uneven spacing of the buttons. Just make sure you claim it's a special designer look! It's so nice to make something that's appreciated, and looks good. I really don't need another men's shirt pattern, but this would look good on my skinny sons...
twistedangel said... (3/8/06 2:59 PM) Reply
Hi ceri, my cats feel the same way. They (literally) spend all day and night up there. that's the life... too bad I don't get to spend many daylight hours at home :-(
Ceri590 said... (3/8/06 2:36 PM) Reply
Love the shirt and the view from your balcony (-: I'd set up my sewing machine there so I could be inspired by the view!
AnneM said... (3/7/06 4:33 PM) Reply
I have this pattern, so it's good to see the favorable review. David Coffin is the book, I believe.
Irene Q said... (3/7/06 9:55 AM) Reply
Let me guess - it buttons the wrong way?? I always have to double-check that one when I make men's shirts! Looking forward to the photo - and many more shirts.
Patzee said... (3/7/06 1:26 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! You mentioned a photo, but I don't see it posted. (pampeliska ...DBF = Darling Boy Friend).
twistedangel said... (3/6/06 7:04 PM) Reply
Hi pampeliska, I will look into Cuffin's book! Thank you!
Pam in Amsterdam said... (3/6/06 6:26 PM) Reply
DBF means dear brothers fellow? Well, having a small ironing business I see perfect fitted shirts with different details almost every day, lovely! My dream is to make the same i see. Haven't looked for fashion fabric, batist or something like that until now. CHemisiere is the proffession, isn't it? Cuffin's book for men's shirt is a big inspiration for me. Haven't started yet, twistedangel, you give me a great push to start. Burda MWF from aug 03 has shirt, trousers and coat for men in it.

Understanding Sheer Fabrics