Pattern Reviews> Favorite Things> 55 (Everyday Bag)

Reviewed by:W

About Wstar
USA
Member since: 8/22/02
Posted on:3/9/06 2:47 PM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
Mrs. Columbo said... (5/11/09 6:18 PM) Reply
I'm in the process of making this bag and I thought by the envelope that it was going to be huge but it's no bigger than the purse I normally carry. I've never carried a small bag so this to me is average sized. I'm still at the sewing up the lining stage but I find your review really helpful.
mommy8 said... (12/19/06 11:57 PM) Reply
I sewed this pattern last month and was suprised by the size. It is perfect for carrying cloth diapers, toys etc. without having the diaper bag look.
W said... (3/12/06 5:23 PM) Reply
Maybe because I have a toddler and a baby on the way, I am used to carrying library books, snacks, a bottle of water, blankets, and all my usual purse stuff, but this bag fits it all and doesn't look very big. My advice is -- measure your existing purses and tote bags, and then see how this one compares, to know if it will be a giant bag or tiny in your universe! :)
Danvillegirl said... (3/10/06 6:45 AM) Reply
I just recently acquired this pattern and hoping to make this soon. I love large bags as I have a tendency to carry the kitchen sink and everything else with me, thus sounds like a great bag for me.
Penny Carlson said... (3/9/06 9:11 PM) Reply
I've made this too; I found this bag to be very very large for an "everyday bag," unless you go out every day with the complete New York Times and a hefty lunch! My daughter has taken it away from me and uses it as an overnight bag. And I like the Velcro closures...you have to have some way to secure valuable stuff.

Understanding Wool Fabrics