Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2561 (Women's Pants)

Reviewed by:Lorna C. Newman

About Lorna C. Newmanstarstarstar
ON CANADA
Member since: 8/10/02
Posted on:3/14/06 5:56 PM
Last Updated:1/16/07 3:37 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Leslie in Austin said... (1/16/07 9:28 PM) Reply
Hey! Raise up that CB and you'll have achieved perfection. Congrats!!
Mary Stiefer said... (1/16/07 8:00 PM) Reply
Very nice
Tany said... (1/16/07 7:45 PM) Reply
Very flattering! They fit perfectly!
lmg said... (3/18/06 12:35 PM) Reply
Great job Lorna! Very flattering on you. Thanks for the review with the wider waistband.
Lorna C. Newman said... (3/17/06 9:17 AM) Reply
Deepika, these pants sit right at my navel, but I used the wider waistband. If you use the narrower band it will be about an inch lower, I think. Not too low, but low enough. On me, I have to narrow the band a bit more in the front, maybe about 3/8" or so to stop them from rolling a bit when I move around.
Deepika said... (3/16/06 11:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful pants Lorna. Question for you, it seems from your photos that these arent really low rise pants. Where exactly do they sit?
Peggy L said... (3/15/06 10:42 AM) Reply
Glad these worked for you. I really like the pockets - they lay so nice and flat.
mamakooz said... (3/15/06 8:03 AM) Reply
Nice looking pants! Great review.
AnneM said... (3/15/06 5:19 AM) Reply
I didn't realize that this pattern has 2 different waistband heights; that is a great idea. I'll have to pick up something that describes about the Betzina fly zip method.
redsquid said... (3/14/06 7:24 PM) Reply
Cute slacks, and your contour waistband looks great. FYI - my husband used to have a horrible pair of uniform pants where the zipper was always visible - we called it the brass smile because of all the teeth! The horror of RTW.
jemgirlca said... (3/14/06 7:05 PM) Reply
Your pants look great! I like this pattern, too and actually like their method of doing the fly zipper.