Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8280 (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Amber in Norfolk

Posted on:3/19/06 8:23 PM
Last Updated:7/25/08 10:16 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Available for sale on PR: $6.71 $8.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.71 $8.95 Pattern Details
merry-one said... (7/25/08 3:36 PM) Reply
I love this skirt and your fabric choice! I've made this skirt a few times and have been disappointed that the flare at the bottom was not what was drawn. Your's looks adorable.
Rebecca D said... (7/25/08 12:57 PM) Reply
The skirt is great and you have fabulous personal style. When I grow up (I'm 50), I want to have this much verve and pizzaz.
tashainflorence said... (7/25/08 12:24 PM) Reply
LOVE the fabric, how fun! I almost couldn't find the whole you mentioned in your picture, no one will notice. Great job.
marykpfist said... (7/25/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Quite the evil thought, but I love to hear that others still make a few mistakes. It makes me feel not so alone! :-) THe skirt looks great on you, and I feel sure that no one will ever notice the hole with that pattern. If they do you can say "darn! That must have just happened!" ;)
JuliaS said... (7/25/08 10:42 AM) Reply
Oh, I love that fabric! What a bummer about the little hole, but your skirt turned out super cute.
Kathy in NM said... (3/20/06 9:06 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first sewn garment! I really like the fabric. It looks great on you! It looks like the shorter version has less flare than the longer version - based on the drawings (this is hard to tell though). And, the way the model is standing, her leg pulls out the hem a bit so you can see the flare. You might compare the hem (flare section) of the short and long skirt pattern pieces. Then you could tell if there is more flare on the long version. If so, you could try adjusting the short version using the curves on the longer version near the hem. I hope that makes some sense. Again, congrats on a great skirt - can't wait for summer!
Vonnevo said... (3/20/06 5:02 PM) Reply
Congratulations:) Your first sewing project is fabulous. looking forward to seeing more of your projects. I looked at your blog too..cool :))
jheralinn said... (3/20/06 12:53 PM) Reply
You did great! Keep on sewing!
milwaukee_kelly said... (3/20/06 11:39 AM) Reply
What a successful first project! Perfecting the fit will come with time. Until then, it looks like a stellar skirt to have for the summer.
slanden99 said... (3/20/06 10:47 AM) Reply
Good job on the skirt. I like the fabric you chose
Hilary said... (3/20/06 10:12 AM) Reply
What a great skirt! It looks really good on you and the fabric is so cute! Congratulations on your first garment!!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/20/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. This looks fine. As you can tell, each time you make something you learn something. Now you know you have to lengthen the back (I have the same problem there).
Dmd4106 said... (3/20/06 9:16 AM) Reply
cute skirt. congrats on yr first review!
Lori Sews said... (3/20/06 9:15 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first garment. The skirt is so cute. I love the fabric!
BSYMPLS said... (3/20/06 8:19 AM) Reply
Great skirt.
Peggy L said... (3/20/06 7:52 AM) Reply
Congratulations - cute skirt! Welcome to PR.
GorgeousFabrics said... (3/20/06 7:25 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first project and review. You did a great job! -Ann
sweetviolets said... (3/20/06 2:03 AM) Reply
I am in awe! For a first garment you didn't pick the easiest thing and your results are awesome! I am looking forward to seeing what is next for you. Keep up the good work.
Helen near Sydney said... (3/20/06 1:26 AM) Reply
I think your skirt looks great, well done choosing just the right fabric for it too. I do wonder whether you needed to take it up 2" and where you took it from? - the hemline doesn't look as flared as it does in the pattern picture.
PattyGee said... (3/19/06 11:35 PM) Reply
Amber, great skirt and I the fabric is so cute. Isn't it fun to pick out fabric and get exactly what you want. Happy sewing your doing great!
luvzdogz said... (3/19/06 11:20 PM) Reply
Wow, you've done a really great job considering this is the first garment you've ever sewn! So...Are you addicted to sewing yet? It looks great on you and isn't linen fun!
Leora said... (3/19/06 10:51 PM) Reply
Welcome to PR! Your skirt looks great! Congrats on a successful first project and your first review.
CarolynGM said... (3/19/06 10:09 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first garment and first review. I have made this pattern 3 times and just love it.
amadoofus said... (3/19/06 9:59 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first garment! Isn't it great to be able to pick the fabric and pattern that YOU want, and know that there won't be a duplicate?! It does look great!!
barbc said... (3/19/06 9:23 PM) Reply
Yea your first garment! It looks great! I want to make some skirts for spring, the one's I see in the stores are just a tad too short (I'm tall) and skirts are so easy and so satisfying to make. Barb C

by: lqtang

Butterick B4789

by: annem54

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sewing Workshop Balboa Shirt & Topper