Pattern Reviews> Lazy Girl Designs> 112 (The City Bag)

Reviewed by:slanden99

About slanden99starstarstarstar
Member since: 9/14/05
Posted on:3/23/06 10:13 AM
Last Updated:3/23/06 10:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 8 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Accessories
JDpenelope said... (5/18/10 10:26 AM) Reply
Hi again. I'm finally starting this bag and your review is helpful. I don't like raw edges either!!!!! Right now, I'm not able to visualize where they might be (other than inside the pockets). Yes, there are a LOT of thicknesses--and my fabric is heavier weight than yours. We'll see how that goes. Also, I'm going to try to add a solid bottom with chipboard -- if I can figure out how. Is your bottom removable, or did you affix it somehow to the bottom of the bag. If you can remember, that is. You made this bag a long time ago! Thanks, again. Joanne
JDpenelope said... (9/15/07 8:11 PM) Reply
Very informative review. Yes, I like quick and easy, but am willing to put in a little extra trouble to get a more professional, finished result, like yours. Very beautiful.
PKPudlin said... (3/26/06 7:31 AM) Reply
Nice job on the bag! Great idea about making the back pocket into two smaller ones! These patterns give you a lot of latitude to make it your very own. Thanks for your review!
Mary Stiefer said... (3/23/06 7:47 PM) Reply
How lovely. We appreciate all of your wonderful tips and information on this bag. Thanks for the review.
SouthernStitch said... (3/23/06 11:33 AM) Reply
What a lovely spring time bag! I am still learning alot about what fabrics and interfacings are appropriate for which bags. I always think heavier is better, but that is not always the case!

Simplicity 1913