Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2005 (Choice of T-shirts)

Viewed 1933 times

Posted on:3/28/06 4:07 PM
Last Updated:5/4/06 2:30 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

AngieC said... (8/12/06 1:01 AM) Reply
I sure love your version of the shirt in this fabric! I don't have this pattern but would love get these results. Thanks for sharing.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/4/06 10:53 PM) Reply
I love your new version out of the EOS fabric! It is really terrific and I bet it looks great on you!!
BeckyC said... (5/4/06 10:20 PM) Reply
Ooohhhh! I love this top with the beautiful buttermilk and the v-neck, it looks like it came from Nordstroms. Great fabric choice for this tee.
Em's Summer said... (5/4/06 9:16 PM) Reply
That is soo cute! You did a great job!
ryan's mom said... (5/4/06 8:41 PM) Reply
Oh man! I almost bought this fabulous fabric with a t-shirt in mind just like yours. Yours looks absolutely terrific!!! I could kick myself for not buying this fabric, but at least I did buy some other nice buttermilks. After looking at your awesome t-shirts, better get moving using those EOS fabrics!
SarahWeb said... (5/4/06 7:10 PM) Reply
I really wanted this fabric when I saw it on EOS but I refrained. Now I wish I hadn't! Oh, well, I'm glad to see what good use you put it to. Your second shirt is beautiful.
Lori V said... (5/4/06 4:35 PM) Reply
Stacy, I like your newest version much better, too. I bet you are glad you gave the pattern another chance.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/4/06 3:25 PM) Reply
Sometimes that's all it takes, the right fabric and the right pattern and "By Jove - You've got it". At least that's the way I feel. I love this fabric and I, too, believe that v-necks are much more flattering.
casken said... (5/4/06 3:00 PM) Reply
Very nice fabric. Thank you for your review.
elizajo said... (5/4/06 2:49 PM) Reply
Cute, Cute! The buttermilk is beautiful. I love this pattern, and didn't run into issues with the extended shoulder, high armhole, and narrow sleeve. The shoulders look good on my frame (the illusion of wide shoulders?). Before I made the first muslin I made some alterations based on PR reviews. I ended up taking out most of them because the pattern fit better with only my standard upper chest adjustment. I've worn versions 2,3, and 4 this week. A very comfy and flattering shirt. Enjoy yours!
milwaukee_kelly said... (5/4/06 2:44 PM) Reply
oooh! Great fabric. That looks very boutique!
jnamcd said... (5/4/06 2:41 PM) Reply
Awesome 2nd try!
yarnivore said... (3/30/06 6:01 PM) Reply
I suggest overdying the top with another color that you like better -- maybe a darker purple, or a blue? If it fits well, maybe that would save it, even if it's never your very favorite t-shirt.
sewcrazy52 said... (3/30/06 3:29 PM) Reply
If you NOW do NOT like the fabric, why salvage this? It looks like a great job!! I have never worked with Jalie patterns, but I might just try!!
Jennifer shaw said... (3/28/06 8:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review! I agree, it is a great top. Would it be possible to modify the neckline, to a v ? I bet you could do that and salvage the top.
cookingsherri said... (3/28/06 5:21 PM) Reply
I am so glad to see more versions of this top and hear how it works out for different individuals. Thanks for the review.

by: WinterQuee...