Pattern Reviews> Other> 033106 (Tee Shirt Makeover)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 27 people
*Jessica* said... (10/18/06 3:45 PM) Reply
great info ! thanks. im going to try ^_^
lornakismet said... (5/27/06 11:09 PM) Reply
I might take a lesson from you and re-make some of the Tees that I have. Your lesson is excellent. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
Doris Stewart said... (4/7/06 8:01 AM) Reply
Great reveiw. It just makes sense to deconstruct a man's T-shirt and add some curves. Thanks for sharing how you did it, love the pictures - I'm off to give it a try to a T-shirt that I made years ago.
AnneM said... (4/3/06 8:03 AM) Reply
Nice breakdown of the steps, and great comparison pics. I like the addition of the curved hem.
Tini said... (4/2/06 10:52 AM) Reply
great "class" thank you for it! your t looks awesome!
sewsue said... (4/2/06 3:08 AM) Reply
Thank you for a vrey helpful detailed and informative review! Your t shirts look great, and yet the whole process is so simple. Clever thinking, thanks for sharing it with us.
Tov said... (4/2/06 0:30 AM) Reply
Excellent photo tutorial- thanks! Viv
CarolynGM said... (4/1/06 8:21 PM) Reply
This review makes me want to run to the closet, yank out an over-sized tee and get to work on it!
PVA said... (4/1/06 7:10 PM) Reply
Oh, I feel an inspiration coming on! I really do want to re-make a t-shirt soon! I'm taking a workshop with Marcie Tilton tomorrow. We will be using all manner of messy stuff to embellish t-shirts & all I can find to work on is what is really top-drawer in the men's dept. at Penney's! (sigh) This will really help! Thanks so much for the review!
Em's Summer said... (4/1/06 6:12 PM) Reply
That is soo cool!
frame said... (4/1/06 6:12 PM) Reply
:) Debbie, thanks for the info. I didn't think you were flip. My question wasn't very clear. I sincerely appreciate your responses. You are always very informative. Thanks. I'm definitely going to check into this software.
Debbie Cook said... (4/1/06 5:58 PM) Reply
Oh, sorry. I didn't realize you wanted specifics ... I wasn't trying to be flip or anything. This shape fits me because it more closely mimics the shape of my shoulder and over/underarm. On a knit (where you usually see those perfectly symmetrical sleeve caps), mine allows a closer fit and higher armhole without folds at the bust. This tee pattern of mine was drafted with Curves, not PMB, by the way. Curves is the knit/activewear module similar to PMB but for more casual or knit garments without sewn darts.
frame said... (4/1/06 5:44 PM) Reply
LOL, I understand that it obviously fits you. I guess I was trying to ask (without being rude) why it fits. I have a similar body shape as you and was wondering if it was something that would benefit me. I'm not a PMB user, but definitely interested in it.
Debbie Cook said... (4/1/06 5:31 PM) Reply
Linscee, the benefit is that it fits me. :) It's the sleeve drafted to my measurements with my pattern software.
frame said... (4/1/06 5:28 PM) Reply
This is a great idea. Do you mind if I ask what the benefit of the asymmetrical sleeve is? I noticed this sleeve shape on your other review also and was wondering about it. Thanks.
hongkongshopper said... (4/1/06 5:28 PM) Reply
Gee thanks Debbie! I will keep this.
mamakooz said... (4/1/06 1:35 PM) Reply
Thank you for taking the time to show us all the details. The tee looks so much better after you "remade" it!
Aixoise said... (4/1/06 1:31 PM) Reply
Thanks, Debbie, for the clear and concise instructions! We all have those promo T's taking up space in the closet. The makeovers will be perfect for workouts at the gym--always need more of those (workouts and t-shirts). :-)
PhyllisC said... (4/1/06 1:07 PM) Reply
I did the before and after shots on my dress form but as you can see - seeing the difference on a person really sells the idea!
Cecile Owens said... (4/1/06 12:53 PM) Reply
Teriffic teaching review. Thanks for your effort in giving us the procedure and details.
Debbie Cook said... (4/1/06 12:43 PM) Reply
Ann, thanks for the link to Phyllis' review! I had missed that.
Tailypo said... (4/1/06 12:25 PM) Reply
Oh Debbie that is fantastic. Changing the neckband made a vast improvement and would never have occurred to me. I have a union tshirt that I want to wear (our contract is up for negotiation) but makes me look like a walrus. I will get started on this tonight!
Ousa said... (4/1/06 12:03 PM) Reply
OMG girl...those are soooo cute! My husband is always getting me shirt from his many bike races, triathalons, etc. , and they just sit in a drawer b/c I don't like the fit. What a fabulous idea!! Thanks so much for sharing it! ~Ousa
GorgeousFabrics said... (4/1/06 11:59 AM) Reply
Very cool! That's similar to what Phyllis did last year with a KS Tee pattern. Here's PhyllisC's review -Ann

Folkwear 207