Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4887 (Raglan sleeve top)

Reviewed by:Argent

About Argent
Member since: 3/18/06
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:4/3/06 1:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Argent said... (4/4/06 8:31 AM) Reply
Thanks a lot to everyone who responded. I will check out that other review. You guys are great - thank you.
JenSews2 said... (4/3/06 8:16 PM) Reply
I just reviewed this top a few days ago and had a similar problem. The lady on the front is wearing the hooded version, which has a higher neckline. I ended up adding a ribbed collar on mine and sewing the crossover shut to save mine!
elizajo said... (4/3/06 8:13 PM) Reply
You might read the many reviews of Kwik Sew 2694, which has the same wrap style empire waist. There are several fixes described in those reviews. I personally made several 6 inch slashes along the neckline above the bust, and overlapped the slashes like small darts to take in some neckline length. I also stretch the neck binding slightly in that portion of the top to "snug" in the fit. These alterations work well on me because I have a small upper chest. But you might need a different type. Knit fabric with good recovery is a must for this type of pattern, because the neckline must retain its shape. Someone in those 2694 reviews will have done something that will work for you on this pattern. I worked mine out by trial and error. Good luck!
Sweeta said... (4/3/06 3:56 PM) Reply
I have sewn this pattern up so many times I had to sigh with delight when I saw it was being reviewed! Sorry it's loosy goosy on you I have had this happen to and it usually depends on my fabric, I often solve it by placing a small button up near the chest, not workable but sewn on rather to hold the front together. I've used very small cute rhinestone buttond they work well and look great. Hope that helps. :) OOps forgot to add I often wear under tanks (cami bra's) with it.
Aixoise said... (4/3/06 2:56 PM) Reply
Argent - Are you sure you're using the right size pattern? You might want to go smaller based on your high bust measurement rather than your full bust measurement. That will lessen the fullness in the shoulder/chest area so that the blouse will lie flat over the chest. If your full bust measurement is 2" or more larger than your high bust--that is, if you're a C cup or larger--you might need a full-bust adjustment (FBA), but your overall fit will be better. You'll find plenty of info here about fitting and making a FBA. Can you post a picture? Folks here are truly helpful in solving fitting puzzles. Good luck!

BurdaStyle Downloadable 01-2012-106