Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 4928 (Misses'/Miss Petite Jackets)

Viewed 2000 times

Last Updated:4/6/06 8:10 AM
Pattern Size:Petite
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 25 people
nancy2001 said... (12/28/12 3:01 PM) Reply
Six years later, and it's still gorgeous!
manola6176 said... (5/9/11 4:55 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket. I've just discovered it because I was checking your profile on the 2011 lined jacket contest. Had this one been submitted it would deserve 1st prize.
xstpenguin said... (12/8/06 2:19 PM) Reply
To repeat others' comments - what a beautiful jacket! You are extremely talented. I have a question - given that the fabric is silk and you used silk lining, I'd expect the jacket to be very comfortable and especially breathable - does the fusible interfacing detract from this? I have some silk tweed and am not sure how to handle it from that point of view. THX AJ
dreamdesigner said... (6/10/06 2:16 PM) Reply
Diahn, That is gorgeous! Wow! Beautifully done, exquisite shaping. Now I'm DEFINITELY going to see if I have this pattern in my stash. 'Course your fabric selection, couture techniques, Obviously PERFECT body! I'm a big fan of black and white, and saw some beautiful black and white houndstooth the other day, but thought, NO I already have too much houndstouth in my stash. Now, I'm thinking that it would look lovely in this jacket! My only problem is that I live in the desert and opportunities to wear a jacket are small. I also look forward to reading more of your reivews!
gaby said... (5/20/06 6:18 AM) Reply
I"m so jealous! This Jacket looks absolutely beautiful. Someday I would like to have a gorgeous finished piece like you.
meljane said... (5/10/06 6:34 PM) Reply
What a stylish jacket and so beautifully tailored. I'm adding this pattern to my shopping list! Thanks for the detailed info and well done on a great job.
solosmocker said... (5/2/06 8:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and fit! This petite is on her way to get this pattern.
Lalena said... (4/23/06 2:53 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket, and the tailoring looks impecable! Nice job and thank you for sharing this find. I am planning on getting this pattern.
ryan's mom said... (4/6/06 8:55 PM) Reply absolute stunner! What more is there to say :) .
popoagiesmiles said... (4/6/06 8:06 PM) Reply
The last jacket I made like this was in tailoring class in high school. Took a long time. I admire you for your excellent effort! Beautiful!
jemgirlca said... (4/6/06 4:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket!!
slanden99 said... (4/6/06 3:25 PM) Reply
There are two ways to get the photo to work--the URL at the top of the browser and the URL you get from the photo properties. Both work fine--but yahoo might be the exception.
regine said... (4/6/06 2:36 PM) Reply
Your jacket is perfect, well done, a real inspiration ot all of us.
ryansmumAria said... (4/6/06 2:09 PM) Reply
jlg said... (4/6/06 1:26 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks beautifully made.
Marita Kinnula said... (4/6/06 12:31 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket and so well done. Marita
MarilynB said... (4/6/06 12:29 PM) Reply
I never would have bought this pattern if I judged it just by the pattern illustration. Your jacket is beautiful--it should be on the pattern envelope. This jacket is a true classic that will look great for many years. Thanks for the review.
Dobedowawa said... (4/6/06 12:14 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket is beautiful ... and thank you very much for a comprehensive review, especially regarding petit sizing! I never thought of the shoulder adjastability of the shoulder princess seam .. I shall evaluate my patterns differently .....Thanx!
PVA said... (4/6/06 11:24 AM) Reply
OHMYGOSH, what a beautiful result! Your jacket is to die for! Thanks for the review!
cindyann said... (4/6/06 10:45 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Excellent craftsmanship.
Hilary said... (4/6/06 10:25 AM) Reply
SandraB said... (4/6/06 9:59 AM) Reply
This jacket is beautiful.
Debbie Cook said... (4/6/06 9:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, which should stay a part of your wardrobe for many years to come.
carolynw said... (4/6/06 9:36 AM) Reply
Got the picure at last and what can I say that hasn't been said already - it is just beautiful and the work you did on it is outstanding - no RTW could ever compete with this!!
HAW66 said... (4/6/06 9:27 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. Excellent review. I want to make one for myself.
jnamcd said... (4/6/06 8:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful job, and great review! The jacket is stunning!
julieb said... (4/6/06 8:51 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket. Your work is spectacular.
valerie sews said... (4/6/06 8:44 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. I also liked it at first sight and have it at home to make up. Your jacket is lovely.
BeckyC said... (4/6/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Your jacket is beautiful! Thank you for the great review! It makes me want to make a princess shoulder seam jacket.
Sew4Fun said... (4/6/06 8:34 AM) Reply
Fabulous jacket. Your tailoring skills are impeccable.
Stacy Sews said... (4/6/06 8:26 AM) Reply
Great review and wonderful jacket!
Diahn said... (4/6/06 8:16 AM) Reply
SewVeryTall, Thank you! That was exactly the information I needed. Thank you everyone for your kind and helpful comments. It has been very encouraging for me for my first attempt at tailoring.
SewVeryTall said... (4/6/06 5:30 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket...very well done! I use Yahoo for photos too, so I can explain what happened with your original link. You used the properties address, and Yahoo changes this address, so that's why it only worked for a little while. On your shoulder photo, you used the address from your browser, which doesn't change...with Yahoo, you want to always use the browser address when posting.
Sherril Miller said... (4/5/06 6:55 PM) Reply
That looks so expensive. The fabric is wonderful. Such a classic you can wear for many years to come. Congratulations.
Seamingly Simple said... (4/5/06 1:53 PM) Reply
The main photo is at not at, which is where the link seems to be pointing. I agree, the jacket is fabulous. The size 4 shoulders look in proportion for the 10-6 bust-hips; the standard shoulder width must be huge. Great job adjusting and tailoring.
Mariko said... (4/5/06 10:58 AM) Reply
Your jacket looks so nice! I have not yet sewn any clothes with lining because it looks very difficult. But I have wanted to make a jacket and your project inspired me. Thank you for your review!
Liana said... (4/5/06 10:54 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! It just looks perfect.
slanden99 said... (4/5/06 9:54 AM) Reply
Paste this link for your photo and everything will work Your jacket turned out great.
carolynw said... (4/5/06 8:43 AM) Reply
Diahn: It sounds like you have a winner here but for some reason I cannot get your project picture!! Great review for the pattern and I hope I will be able to see the photo soon! Wonder if anyone else is having this problem - like drsue I can see the shoulder but that's all.
Diahn said... (4/5/06 8:24 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the kind comments. Drsue, I don't know what's wrong with the photos. I used the same album for all the pictures, and they worked last night. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know. The only thing I can suggest is to link on the shoulder pic and view the other slides.
LauraM62 said... (4/5/06 7:42 AM) Reply
I have this pattern to make up, so am glad to see such a positive review for it! It looks really great.
jbrewer said... (4/5/06 7:12 AM) Reply
Your jacket is just gorgeous! The beautiful fabric really accentuates the fine details of the pattern style. Great job!
AnneM said... (4/5/06 5:53 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Great job.
frame said... (4/5/06 0:56 AM) Reply
Great review. Your jacket is beautiful.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/5/06 0:35 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, gorgeous jacket. Lovely work. Thanks for letting us see it.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/5/06 0:33 AM) Reply
WOW Absolutely stunning tailoring, that's one beautifully made jacket!. Yes I wish patterns had roll lines. I aspire to making a jacket looking that great one day !
lmg said... (4/5/06 0:20 AM) Reply
Just beautiful. One day I hope to have your skill with collars/lapels. Thanks for letting us know about this pattern.
CarolynGM said... (4/4/06 11:08 PM) Reply
The tailoring and the details are absolutely impeccable. I'm a big fan of shoulder princess styling too for the same reasons you are. You do beautiful work -- I hope to enjoy many more reviews from you.
drsue said... (4/4/06 10:52 PM) Reply
Wow, this came out great! I could only see your pics by accessing the "shoulder area" link. You might want to see if you can fix the other links. I may have to pick up this jacket pattern.
rosephreak said... (4/4/06 9:22 PM) Reply
This is a beautiful jacket - it looks so professionally tailored. You did a fabulous job. Love the fabric and the covered buttons. I like that you left the pockets off as well. Nice, nice job.
Em's Summer said... (4/4/06 9:09 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket! Such impeccable tailoring. I really like it!
leigh7911 said... (4/4/06 7:59 PM) Reply
Wow. I want one.
Riordan said... (4/4/06 7:51 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket--impeccably tailored. Thank you for the review.
Frogstitcher said... (4/4/06 7:45 PM) Reply
Beautiful tailored jacket. I absolutely agree; classic and timeless. Love the fabric.
Kay Y said... (4/4/06 7:44 PM) Reply
That is one beautiful jacket! I agree with your choice to reduce the lapel width - the result is really classic. So --- did you make a skirt or pants to go with it? I look forward to reading more of your reviews.
Vonnevo said... (4/4/06 7:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, excellent review.

by: marusya gr...