Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 7222 (1 Hour Tops)

Reviewed by:jacalhoun

Other Projects by jacalhoun using this Pattern

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

CatherineN said... (4/8/06 10:18 PM) Reply
The gray neck binding looks good and coordinates with skirt so well.
jemgirlca said... (4/8/06 7:37 PM) Reply
I think it looks great with the ruffles on the front and around the neck!
ryansmumAria said... (4/8/06 4:53 PM) Reply
Pink and grey go nice together! I would rip out the grey ruffle. Too heavy looking for the light weight blouse. Why do I think you would want my honest opinion? I'd want yours! Otherwise you did a great job!
Marita Kinnula said... (4/8/06 1:58 PM) Reply
Yes, it is better:-)Marita
pamici said... (4/7/06 9:37 PM) Reply
So clever! I've been reading about embellishments lately (for purses, mainly, but it has me thinking about them all over) and this just jumped out at me immediately. Great job!
jbrewer said... (4/7/06 8:35 AM) Reply
I have this pattern in my stash, too. Never opened it yet. Your good experience inspired me to get on it. I definitely have several SMALL pieces of fabric that I'd love to turn into simple summer tops.
Danvillegirl said... (4/7/06 6:37 AM) Reply
I like the ruffle trim. Maybe some small pink buttons or pink crystals down the center of the gray knit trim would add a little more to the top. They would be like an accessory. I have had this pattern forever, I should think about using it for a sleeveless top also.
missmerm said... (4/6/06 10:33 PM) Reply
I've looked at this pattern myself. I like the ruffle idea--but maybe it's the "straightness" that leaves me cold. I'm thinking: use the ruffles, but make flowers (2 or 3?) by spiraling them--maybe a shoulder placement (like a corsage or brooch). Maybe a couple of hand sewn pink beads in the center of each to tie it all together? ??
jacalhoun said... (4/6/06 9:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments. I know exactly what you mean by the ruffles looking out of place. That's why I said I wasn't completely convinced that I like them. I've considered the grey binding. Hadn't thought of incorporating the pink into the ruffles though. That's two ideas I need to give some thought to. Thanks!
mClones said... (4/6/06 3:42 PM) Reply
I have yet to try the eased dart, but you are encouraging me. On the ruffles, I've got to say that to me they look somewhat out of place. Perhaps on a human they look different. Or, maybe grey neck binding would integrate the look more? Anyway, I like the shirt, especially the graceful neckline. Thanks for the review! P.S. I'm like Hilary, in that I am not a fashion maven either!
Hilary said... (4/6/06 12:02 PM) Reply
Cute top-I like the ruffles, but I was thinking they would be really cute with just a straight pink strip (about a quarter inch wide) sewn down the center of each, to tie it in with the pink a little more. But maybe not :D I'm not someone anyone thinks of when looking for fashion advice, lol, it was just a thought that came to me.
Marita Kinnula said... (4/6/06 9:58 AM) Reply
J, cute top, I like those ruffles also and a nice review too, thanks.Pink and grey are sooo good to each other.:-) Marita
Lori V said... (4/6/06 9:21 AM) Reply
Cute top, I like the ruffle trim.

Sure-Fit Designs Pants Kit

by: Annette Wr...

by: Soday

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)