Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2908 (misses panties)

Reviewed by:Stacy Sews

About Stacy Sewsstarstarstarstar
KS USA
Member since: 1/13/04
Posted on:4/8/06 4:27 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie
mewiththree said... (4/9/06 9:56 PM) Reply
What a great review! I've never tried to make my own undergarments, but you have inspired me! I'm definitely going to have to tackle this challenge. Let us know when you find the perfect pattern!
LauraM62 said... (4/9/06 11:20 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I have this pattern but have yet to try it out - will keep the reviews in check when I try it. Funny about the thong, I thought the same thing, those need to drop! But since I like the low rise pants I like the lower panty lines too - no peek.
Debbie Cook said... (4/9/06 10:18 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review Stacy! I think you've found out what most of the other reviewers of this pattern found -- the crotch is too wide. Seems to be a trend in KS lingerie patterns. But still, it's one of my favorite panties patterns after a couple of tweaks. I love using my buttermilk scraps for panties too!
Sewliz said... (4/9/06 8:20 AM) Reply
How pretty, much nicer looking than anything I have seen in stores lately and I have been looking because I really need some new undergarments. Interesting about the elastic on the bikini, it does look too long in the legs. And that thong up to the waist, lol, very 90's! Actually, that style is really good for wearing under slinky dresses, no hip elastic showing :-)
Leora said... (4/9/06 1:03 AM) Reply
I have this pattern and mean to break it out but haven't yet. Good job using those scraps up and thanks for the informative review esp. the crotch dimension and elastic tips.
jnamcd said... (4/8/06 9:12 PM) Reply
Good idea to use your daughter's outgrown t-shirt as lining fabric! I like that ingenius idea! Great recycling and great review!
martinanne said... (4/8/06 5:19 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review...it's good to hear the bad along with the good!

Self Drafted Pattern Postage Stamp Quilt

by: jannw

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern