Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6429 (Misses Wrap Dress)

Reviewed by:jnamcd

About jnamcdstarstarstar
IN USA
Member since: 10/5/04
Posted on:4/11/06 4:07 PM
Last Updated:4/12/06 5:48 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
patsijean said... (6/11/06 1:49 PM) Reply
Very, very nice. A good use of fabrics.
carolynw said... (4/13/06 9:24 AM) Reply
Very, very nice. You look lovely in this outfit and for what it's worth I don't think it is too tight in any area - you have a wonderful and perfect figure for this style. Great review.
ryansmumAria said... (4/12/06 9:31 PM) Reply
WOW! I don't know what's more impressive - your figure or your dress. It is beautitul.
jnamcd said... (4/12/06 5:49 PM) Reply
Leora--I've edited my review to show a picture of the back of the dress. Again, other than the "point" probably sitting to high, I don't feel that it clings too much.
squirrellypoo said... (4/12/06 5:22 PM) Reply
I love your fabric choices! Don't feel bad - I had to unpick one of my front seams, too...
Sew it seams said... (4/12/06 10:34 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress. I just finished this dress for myself and I agree. It's a great pattern and very flattering. I really like your sleeve without the cuff and the print you chose to go with it. Nice job!
wvsher said... (4/12/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress and looks great on you.
Linda E. said... (4/12/06 8:11 AM) Reply
lovely dress you did a great job.
AnneM said... (4/12/06 7:57 AM) Reply
Been there, done that - removing the stretch stitch out of fussy fabric. Looks like you conquered that and got a great fitting dress.
ryan's mom said... (4/12/06 7:03 AM) Reply
Great dress and great review! But I sighed when I read your seam ripping triple stitch woes. That's like a bad nightmare, isn't it. Point well taken to baste first.
Danvillegirl said... (4/12/06 5:17 AM) Reply
What a pretty dress! I love the fabric color. Looks very nice on you.
Leora said... (4/12/06 0:40 AM) Reply
You really have a nice fit. How does it look in the back? Do you feel it clinging to your backside or is the cut better than that? I love that color too!
lmg said... (4/11/06 11:58 PM) Reply
Wow! Beautiful dress, colour and fit.
LBJ said... (4/11/06 9:04 PM) Reply
Your dress is lovely!
fionah said... (4/11/06 9:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review, I am definately going to make this but it is sold out at the local shop with patterns at 50% off. Blast.
jnamcd said... (4/11/06 8:06 PM) Reply
kathleenb--per the pattern back, I measure for the bust (high bust measurement) more like a size 10 --and everything else is around a size 12-14. So I choose to make a size 8 on the bodice, and then tapered to almost a 12 in the hip area. I mentioned it did gape in the chest area, but after resewing the side seams and pulling the center panels tighter, it was fine. The end product may have been just a little tighter than I would have wanted, but the fabric was there, I just went too tight the 2nd time around--but by that time I was content with it!
kathleenb said... (4/11/06 7:58 PM) Reply
Elegant dress! How did the sizing seem to you? Did you make your usual size or size up or down?
Mary Stiefer said... (4/11/06 6:17 PM) Reply
Love the color and the coordinating fabric for the tie and the collar. Great looking dress.
Em's Summer said... (4/11/06 5:28 PM) Reply
That's a very pretty dress! Looks great! I think I'm going to have to make one, too!
jemgirlca said... (4/11/06 5:10 PM) Reply
I love your dress! Thanks for the review, I haven't gotten around to making it yet.
Peggy L said... (4/11/06 5:05 PM) Reply
Very nice! I just got this pattern for my DD yesterday.
Stacy Sews said... (4/11/06 4:27 PM) Reply
Great dress! I love the color and the contrasting belt and collar. Nice fitting, too.
pterion said... (4/11/06 4:23 PM) Reply
This looks awesome! I love your choice of fabrics.
Jan B. said... (4/11/06 4:17 PM) Reply
Very pretty. The fit looks great.
guillorypr said... (4/11/06 4:15 PM) Reply
Beautiful. You did a great job "salvaging" and your hard work of picking out the stitches was worth the effort. The fabric was a great choice.

Jackets for Real People DVD