Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2687 (Men's sweatpants & T-shirt)

Viewed 1919 times

Last Updated:2/13/07 6:05 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts    Mens - Pants
Ody said... (2/18/07 2:48 PM) Reply
I love the picture of your grinning dh, and why not when his dw makes him such fabulous comfy clothes.
Heatherrique said... (1/3/07 11:45 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review of this pattern! I plan to get this one soon! Your DH looks so happy and great in the awesome stuff you make him! Isn't it also wonderful to sew for the guys in our lives?
MaryBeth said... (4/15/06 10:34 AM) Reply
Thanks for the update Anne (& thx to the Mr as well) I have a very tough time fitting my DH and really find it's easier to fit me for pants. But then I'll stand still for more than 1 minute!
Peggy L said... (4/12/06 2:52 PM) Reply
Our famous PR mascot!! The pants look great. I may have to get this just for the pockets!
pterion said... (4/12/06 9:58 AM) Reply
Your husband's pants came out great! I just used this pattern to make shorts for my DH. I agree with all of your observations. LOVE the pocket instructions but had a very hard time with the elastic application (I don't have a serger). The sizing was spot-on for my guy though. This pattern is definitely a keeper.
wvsher said... (4/12/06 9:29 AM) Reply
Nice pants! I want to make my dh a couple pairs of lightweight pants for around the house. Thanks for the review!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/12/06 9:26 AM) Reply
These look great and it appears that he is certainly happy to be wearing them. Good job. Thanks for the warnings on sizes.
LauraM62 said... (4/12/06 8:17 AM) Reply
The pants look great on your engineer dh! I made the shorts for my engineer dh & also found they ran big. Watch the shorts they also run long! I took up the length, & also shortened the crotch length for my dh per his fitting request.
AnneM said... (4/12/06 7:44 AM) Reply
I call him the Tie Guy every so often, although I don't think it would have matched the sweatpants. And yes, he is an engineer. re the TV: It's a Samsung that we got last fall in time for the football season. Blatent consumerism, particularly since we hardly watch any TV. But just think - if we compare it to the price of football season tickets, it pays for itself in just a couple of seasons. (No, we didn't have season tickets; minor detail.)
2BSewing said... (4/12/06 4:37 AM) Reply
Nice looking sweats. You did a great job sizing it down for your hubby. Thanks for including the picture of the side pocket...very helpful. I'll have to get this pattern for my DH.
martinanne said... (4/12/06 3:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for the info about the sizing and the pockets. My husband lives in pants like these on the weekends. Just added this one to my wishlist.
MaryBeth said... (4/12/06 1:52 AM) Reply
Hey, it's the Tie Guy! Don't you just love those pockets? That's one of my favorite KS techniques. Nice pants, in spite of the sizing woes they came out nicely.
Vivienne said... (4/12/06 0:18 AM) Reply
Those are some SHARP looking pockets with outstanding topstitching. Having my DH easily fit into the size small dimmed my pleasure at being a KS medium!
Debbie Cook said... (4/11/06 11:59 PM) Reply
Oh ... look at that TV!! Wait, wrong review. LOL! The sweatpants look GREAT!! My DH would love a pair too.
popoagiesmiles said... (4/11/06 10:24 PM) Reply
Nice job. Your husband looks like a programmer or engineer. Am I right? (I have worked with many and find myself right at home among them.)
frame said... (4/11/06 9:41 PM) Reply
My husband would love these pants. I'll have to check out this pattern.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-126