Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7281 (Sandra Betzina Coordinates)

Reviewed by:redsquid

About redsquidstarstar
Member since: 1/23/06
Posted on:4/16/06 9:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
Austen said... (7/30/06 8:15 PM) Reply
I learned a lot from the detailed description of your sewing/planning process. The "wrong wau" front looks fine to me!
meanjean said... (6/5/06 11:21 AM) Reply
I'm about to make this top in linen, and I have some of the same fitting issues as you, so I found your review exceptionally helpful. Thanks for taking the time to add it.
PegL said... (4/19/06 2:29 PM) Reply
Beautiful top!! That color is great on you! The buttons are fantastic and I never would have noticed the switch in sides so my advice is don't tell anybody else and they'll never know! ;>)
Gigi Louis said... (4/19/06 9:27 AM) Reply
It looks great! I love the color. I have reversed my closures more than once! Last year I reversed the wrap on KS 2694. An honest mistake, I'd only made it a dozen times before. ;-) Trust me, no one will notice.
Schnauzer said... (4/18/06 9:53 PM) Reply
I was just reading your review for the trumpet flared skirt and noticed this gorgeous jacket and checked to see if you had reviewed it. Well here we are on page 2 and a wonderful review. A lovely combination of style and a color that is definitely "yours"!
Mufffet said... (4/18/06 10:20 AM) Reply
Your top is fantastic. I saw it and said "HOW different!" I love that it closes as it does - that is a great "design feature!" People will not even relate this to any man's garment. Lovely fabric on you.
CarolynGM said... (4/17/06 10:33 PM) Reply
Thanks for the warning about the fit. You are so right about this being your color. The style and the details (especially the buttons) are lovely. I would need shoulder pads too on a style like this.
Mary Stiefer said... (4/17/06 5:23 PM) Reply
This is beautiful. You are right, this color is fabulous on you. Great review.
Sherril Miller said... (4/17/06 12:40 PM) Reply
Add those shoulder pads and you have a perfect fit. That fabric made up a lovely top. I really like this pattern and made it when I was a few pounds smaller. I had to make the very same back adjustment you did.
Harriet Rogers said... (4/17/06 10:40 AM) Reply
This looks like the perfect fit to me. Beautiful top. Tthanks for the detailed review. .very helpful.
wvsher said... (4/17/06 9:50 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top -- great color for you!
carolynw said... (4/17/06 9:46 AM) Reply
Looks beautiful - I had this pattern - before I joined PR and made it up and found - too tight! Yours looks so nice may try again and nope - I did not notice the reverse button up - so mums the word!!
julieb said... (4/17/06 9:38 AM) Reply
This is a fabulous top -- love it!
slanden99 said... (4/17/06 9:19 AM) Reply
It looks very nice on you--great color too!
AnneM said... (4/17/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Very nice top; it looks great. Notice what? I don't notice any problem.
Jane S said... (4/17/06 7:49 AM) Reply
I love this top on you...and you were so smart to make that muslin since the measurements are very deceiving. Great use of fabric and pattern design. No one will ever notice which side closes where...they'll just notice how good you look in this one.
FloraNature said... (4/17/06 5:51 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous top. I'm sure you'll feel lovely and cool wearing it in summer!
KiwiWendy said... (4/17/06 1:40 AM) Reply
I love it, and what a great choice of fabric
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/17/06 0:32 AM) Reply
Just gorgeous fabric, lovely style on you. No worries, closure is perfect, no one can tell anyway with a living moving you!
echolalia said... (4/17/06 0:08 AM) Reply
Fabulous use of an embellished fabric. The covered buttons on the unembellished border are just perfect & and I also love the colour on you.
Lhan said... (4/16/06 11:45 PM) Reply
Very helpful review! I made this pattern a while ago, must put up a review too - but I could have done with your useful comments for the mistakes I made - your fitting comments are great. The colour is superb on you - I also love embroidered fabrics and unusual buttons. The plain fabric on the button strip is a great idea. I certainly didn't pick the 'wrong side' thing - I think only if you tell people will they notice.
SarahWeb said... (4/16/06 11:13 PM) Reply
This jacket is beautiful. I've had my eye on this pattern for some time. I just love what you did with cutting the front closures along the selvedge. You did a beautiful job. I'm sad I didn't buy some of this fabric--I wanted some. But I like what you did better than anything I was thinking of for it!
Patti B said... (4/16/06 10:31 PM) Reply
Just wonderful! Your fabric is perfect and your buttons are a special touch. Thanks for the detailed review. Peggy is right -- no one will notice!
bunz said... (4/16/06 10:01 PM) Reply
Lucky you to get the last piece of this fabric. Great top@
Peggy L said... (4/16/06 9:48 PM) Reply
No one will notice unless you tell them! Great top - definitely "your" color. Very good review.

Other My Childhood Treasures