Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4698 (Misses'/Miss Petite Jacket wit)

Reviewed by:kwpanthermom

About kwpanthermomstarstar
USA
Member since: 11/9/05
Posted on:4/19/06 4:38 PM
Last Updated:4/19/06 4:42 PM
Pattern Size:Regular Petite

cerulean said... (4/14/11 4:40 PM) Reply
That's a really nice pattern since it has 3 variations. Your adaptation is so creative too! Great job!
Heatherrique said... (6/30/06 11:09 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review and the helpful information. A lot of love and time went to a wonderful outfit! Your daughter looks spectacular in it!!
Rhonda Noah said... (6/16/06 9:40 PM) Reply
Fantastic suit and what a wonderful job you put into making it. Really great in every detail.
Ann B. said... (6/16/06 5:51 PM) Reply
I just now read this review, and WOW. The suit is just terrific. And I do enjoy reading about the whole process. That outfit at Dillard's looks like a $200 knock off of your custom garment, if you ask me.
BeckyW said... (6/2/06 11:57 AM) Reply
Excellent review!!! The outfit is beautiful.
artist1lisa said... (4/26/06 11:14 PM) Reply
Wow ! You sure do write a great review ! The outfit is very pretty and your DD looks great in it.Thank you for such a great review.
hongkongshopper said... (4/26/06 0:44 AM) Reply
Fantastic! Very modern!
Lori Sews said... (4/22/06 8:23 PM) Reply
Love it!!
Leora said... (4/22/06 4:02 PM) Reply
What a nice twist on teen wear. Your creation sure does suit her well! hehe. Thanks for another great review and fabu outfit to inspire us.
PattyU said... (4/21/06 8:18 AM) Reply
Wow! Lucky daughter to have you. beautiful job!!
Debbie Cook said... (4/20/06 4:00 PM) Reply
Fantastic review ... more of a mini course! Great trendy suit for your DD, and it looks great on her pretty figure.
Zaida said... (4/20/06 3:20 PM) Reply
WOW! love it! Both inside and out!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/20/06 12:34 PM) Reply
What a wonderful knock off. I certainly like yours better than the RTW. Thanks for the info and the great review with all the details.
kwpanthermom said... (4/20/06 12:06 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for such wonderful comments! I had a lot of fun making this suit, and now I am starting work on her Prom dress, which has been in the "thinking" stage since November and we're on to the "practice dress" stage. Wish us luck; this is a PROJECT!
pterion said... (4/20/06 10:39 AM) Reply
This suit is absolutely stunning! I love the fabric, the details and the exquisite finish. Your daughter is so lucky to have a mom who sews wonderful things and you are lucky to have such a lovely young lady to enjoy and model your work!
cindyann said... (4/20/06 10:37 AM) Reply
Wonderful work as always. Thanks for the snap button instructions and the detailed review. Many of your techniques will be filed away for my next jacket project.
Sew it seams said... (4/20/06 10:25 AM) Reply
You are amazing! What a lucky DD you have!! As soon as I clicked on the photo on the home page I knew this had to be your review. You are truly inspirational. Where are all the stars that belong next to your name??
milwaukee_kelly said... (4/20/06 8:46 AM) Reply
Lovely work! And nowhere near fuddy-duddy. I've learned so much from this review, thanks for all the good info!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (4/20/06 8:40 AM) Reply
Thanks for taking the time to bring us through your process with you. The outfit is really, really beautiful, in every way.
AnneM said... (4/20/06 7:55 AM) Reply
Very appropriate for the occasion. You did a great job; your DD must be thrilled.
Danvillegirl said... (4/20/06 7:06 AM) Reply
This is a great outfit! You really have done an excellent job and your DD looks great in the outfit.
Nickle said... (4/20/06 6:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful on your daughter- great job.
Ann Rowley said... (4/20/06 6:18 AM) Reply
Fabulous finish, almost needs to be worn inside out! I made this sort of buttonhole by mistake many years ago - how nice to see that it has an official name.
jlg said... (4/20/06 6:06 AM) Reply
This is a great oufit. Perfect suit for a young lady.
Felicity Jane said... (4/20/06 5:50 AM) Reply
Your suit shows what time and attention to finer details does for an outfit. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside. What an inspiration to taking longer over making garments to get an excellent finish.
Peggy L said... (4/20/06 5:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful review -stunning suit!!!
Cambric Tea said... (4/19/06 11:56 PM) Reply
You write amazing reviews. I have the Carr book. You've inspired me to attempt the SSB. You and your daughter are such a great team. You've created another wonderful outfit.
kiddo said... (4/19/06 10:35 PM) Reply
You did a brilliant job! Your detailed instructions are incredible as well as helpful. Thank you.
Doris W. in TN said... (4/19/06 10:23 PM) Reply
Great suit! ---> Don't give up on RPL. I'm currently working with some I got from Textile Studio and it is wonderful!!! I'm not having any of the problems you did with yours from JoAnn's. No shrinking, no raveling, this stuff is a dream.
Suzisews said... (4/19/06 10:11 PM) Reply
What a beautiful job!! I wish I could do the same! I think I can, I think I can!!! Thank you for inspiring me!
ladybegood said... (4/19/06 8:37 PM) Reply
Another beautiful creation. Thanks for the info on the spanish snap buttonholes!
Georgene said... (4/19/06 8:35 PM) Reply
Nice, very tasty - I love the contrast print lining and the HKG finish combo color. Excellent work and great, informative review. Thanks for the buttonhole tip.
gabrielle said... (4/19/06 8:18 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for this review and showing us such lovely results. This is like a little mini-sewing course, I'm filing this one away.:)
Levone said... (4/19/06 8:04 PM) Reply
Beautiful suit! I love reading your reviews as they are a sewing course in themselves. I aspire to have skills as you have one day.
Jennifer shaw said... (4/19/06 7:20 PM) Reply
This turned out so wonderfully!! DD is a very lucky DD to have such a fabulous Mom to make a gorgeous ensemble. Thanks for all of the details to make this such a special suit.
jemgirlca said... (4/19/06 6:27 PM) Reply
Can you be my mom??? lol I love everything you make. Thanks for the mini sewing lesson, I will try that buttonhole technique! Thanks for the great review!
Lori V said... (4/19/06 6:24 PM) Reply
Wonderful, thanks for the informative review, you always do such a wonderful job. Good luck to your dd at State FBLA.
Elemenopeo said... (4/19/06 6:24 PM) Reply
You are like the fairy godmother in CInderella whipping out glamourous clothes for her. A stellar suit.
Liana said... (4/19/06 6:14 PM) Reply
I believe you have as much fun sewing for your DD as she does getting all those wonderful clothes you make! Great job, as usual, and isn't that buttonhole fun? Just like magic.
carolynw said... (4/19/06 5:41 PM) Reply
SIMPLY AND TOTALLY SMASHING - what a terrific job. Thanks for a really informative review and thanks to your lovely daughter for being such a super model!!
Vonnevo said... (4/19/06 5:32 PM) Reply
Beautiful outfit and excellent review. Lucky DD :)))
frame said... (4/19/06 5:15 PM) Reply
WOW!
SouthernStitch said... (4/19/06 5:05 PM) Reply
I hope I'm the first to say that this is fabulous! Your photos are so nice, and I love your snap buttonholes. Oh and did I mention you dd as usual is just beautiful?
jnamcd said... (4/19/06 4:55 PM) Reply
Beautiful job! You are a wonderful seamstress!

Burda 8157