Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 116 (Asian Wrap)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:4/22/06 7:04 PM
Last Updated:4/22/06 7:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
BettyMike said... (5/9/06 1:36 PM) Reply
This is on my list of things to sew this month. I was concerned about the zipper, but not now! I'm off to get an invisible zipper. Thanks for the review, the top looks great!
Mufffet said... (4/24/06 11:03 AM) Reply
This is lovely and so well fitted! Becomes you nicely.
lmg said... (4/23/06 6:34 PM) Reply
Beautifully fitted top. Lots of class. One of the picks for BWOF for March 06
jlg said... (4/23/06 3:36 PM) Reply
This top looks great on you, Mary Beth. I like the red plaid.
els said... (4/23/06 11:58 AM) Reply
Great fit and the bright colors look wonderful on you.
mClones said... (4/23/06 11:39 AM) Reply
Looks great, MaryBeth. Fantastic fit, like that trim you designed.
countrybug said... (4/23/06 11:32 AM) Reply
Love the top. I would never choose plaid, but it looks FANTASTIC
countrybug said... (4/23/06 11:31 AM) Reply
Love the top. I would never choose plaid, but it looks FANTASTIC, all hail the Queen. Loved the trim idea too. Great job.
Nancy K said... (4/23/06 11:01 AM) Reply
When I looked at this pattern I wondered how you get into it without someone tozip it up! Good change. I like this top with the addition of sleeves. You have convinced me to make it. Thanks for a good review
PhyllisC said... (4/23/06 9:53 AM) Reply
I agree with you on the faux Asian styling - you get all of the advantages with none of the disadvatages (gapping, ties, etc etc)...thanks for the heads up on the separating zipper - I agree that's a weird thing to recommend.
Gigi Louis said... (4/23/06 9:52 AM) Reply
What a great fit, MB! I'm with Ann and Georgene - let's see it as a dress!
carolynw said... (4/23/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Very, very nice. Looks real good on you.
Danvillegirl said... (4/23/06 7:33 AM) Reply
Interesting top. I like the binding idea, the purchased red binding with the fabric one is great idea. Adds something to the entire look. Can't wait for you to perfect the skirt pattern. I thought about buying the pattern, but will wait for a review.
Meretta said... (4/23/06 0:50 AM) Reply
I've been planning to make this one up, thanks for the review. For the person who suggested turning into a dress, there was a dress pattern with the same upper details, it was ankle length but could be made up shorter easily. I hadn't noticed the separating zipper, will need to look at it some more, it was already on my make after breastfeeding list because seems like it would be hard access.
Sherril Miller said... (4/22/06 11:13 PM) Reply
It's darling. The fit, just like it was made for you. It makes a darling outfit with that skirt.
Elemenopeo said... (4/22/06 11:08 PM) Reply
Very regal indeed!
koo104 said... (4/22/06 10:56 PM) Reply
Your top fits so well. Nothing makes be happier that see a great fitting sleeve. Follow Georgene's suggestion. My all time favorite dress was a long sleeve 50's version in a Black Nylon Plisse. Complete with a long drap that snapped into the Wrap front closure. So elegant.
Stacy Sews said... (4/22/06 10:33 PM) Reply
Looks great on you - and you were so fast at whipping this up!
Peggy L said... (4/22/06 9:58 PM) Reply
Nice top! I never even thought of putting sleeves in this - it looks great. Great call on the zipper - I can't imagine trying to do a separating zipper behind me!
GorgeousFabrics said... (4/22/06 9:43 PM) Reply
Wow! Between the superb fit and the amazing plaid matching, this top is just wonderful I second Georgene's idea of a stretch brocade sheath! -Ann
Georgene said... (4/22/06 9:26 PM) Reply
You got a great fit on this, MB. How about just adding that skirt on to the bottom of the pattern and making a killer hoochie mama asian styled sheath? In say, a stretch brocade, hmmmm?
CarolynGM said... (4/22/06 9:24 PM) Reply
What an interesting idea: an Asian top in a plaid. You made it work quite well.
CSM--Carla said... (4/22/06 9:03 PM) Reply
OOOOOH what a wonderful plaid and a beautiful design on you!! Congratulations on this success.
Vonnevo said... (4/22/06 8:29 PM) Reply
Love love love your top MaryBeth ! You matched the plaids well and the added trim highlights the stylish design...a perfect combo with your red skirt. Magnificent fit too. Do make it in lace and please add to this review.
Sewliz said... (4/22/06 8:26 PM) Reply
Nice top! It looks so good in a plaid, I would not have imagined it in plaid. I eyed this pattern and wondered about the separating zipper thing, how in the world would one get dressed? The queen can call her maid but what about the rest of us?
bunz said... (4/22/06 7:53 PM) Reply
Beautiful, MB. And you look great in it!
nancyc said... (4/22/06 7:45 PM) Reply
I was just looking at this pattern this morning. What a nice surprise to see it reviewed today. Very nicely done! I really like the changes you made. Thanks for the review.
Ronda Rae said... (4/22/06 7:32 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you.

Sis Boom Angie Dress