Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1209 (Monaco Shell)

Reviewed by:fuzzygalore

About fuzzygalorestar
Member since: 1/16/05
Posted on:4/24/06 8:57 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Other Projects by fuzzygalore using this Pattern

Sewing Chick said... (4/25/06 5:56 PM) Reply
I love your top, especially your fabric. I sewed two of these over the weekend and in fact, am wearing one today! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite patterns.
countrybug said... (4/25/06 10:46 AM) Reply
Love the shirt and the form. How did you make this form? I'd love to try.
fuzzygalore said... (4/25/06 3:30 AM) Reply
Ah, the dressform... aka 'La Mujer Pantera' (if you've been alive long enough to have seen Kiss of the Spider Woman?). A pedestrian Uniquely You, divinely fitted by Elizabeth Poole who, before getting into quilting was a theater costume person and learned some amazing technical skills at it. I'm constantly shocked by how much she looks like me (laMP, not EJP). As to the cover, it's a simple unfitted lycra silhouette slipped on, only the neck and shoulders have any shape. I saw something along those lines in the windows of an Italian designer I've forgotten on a late winter night in NY, and decided that just because my dressform is a large obtrusive object I didn't have to look at ugly canvas. Good thing, since it's been cluttering up my floor space for a long while now :-). If you don't have a dressform, make one! Nothing will improve your sewing so much as to be able to really see your body in 3 dimensions...
SarahWeb said... (4/24/06 7:30 PM) Reply
What cute fabric!
j222b said... (4/24/06 5:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I love your dress form, is dress form still being sold? Did you cover it yourself? ALSO: Thanks for responding about dress form!
Riordan said... (4/24/06 10:17 AM) Reply
Very pretty fabric--astonishing price! Your dress form is wonderful, too!
Em's Summer said... (4/24/06 9:31 AM) Reply
Tres belle! It looks wonderful and only 75 cents for the fabric? WOW! What a bargain!