Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2776 (mens pants)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
NH USA
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:4/26/06 3:57 PM
Last Updated:4/26/06 3:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
appleton78 said... (5/17/13 12:40 PM) Reply
Great Job. Your husband looks snazzy! I agree with some other commenters -- your garment looks way better than the pattern pic does. Super job and super review!
ccmurphy said... (6/18/09 7:28 PM) Reply
Irene, I am on the last step of this pattern (making them for myself), right where it shows how to tac down the elastic, fold the fabric over and stitch it shut. Well, I had the exact same thoughts you did: that seems combersome b/c you have to manage to encase the elastic band and keep the waistband's gathering even at the same time. I'll try your method and see. Thanks for sharing!
quirkygal said... (12/29/07 7:49 PM) Reply
These are great. Thanks for pointing this review out to me. I'm going to order the pattern for Dad and give it a try.
Puddin Pop said... (4/21/07 9:48 PM) Reply
Oh, my gosh. That is not the same man. Maybe his brother. All kidding aside, tell him, he looks great. The shirt fits him perfect. Great job.
Deedette said... (3/15/07 12:13 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for taking the time to share, this is very helpful.
betta1 said... (4/28/06 8:14 PM) Reply
I made these into cargo shorts out of olive drab denim for DH and he loves them...I thought the fly instructions were the best I've ever followed..I did a full backside alteration (higher at the center back seam tapering to side seams) and dropped the center front a bit for tummy. Your review makes me want to try pants next! Gail
AnneM said... (4/28/06 11:23 AM) Reply
Don't you hate it when they change a style on you? !!! Congrats on these; I'm certain your DH is much appreciative.
Katharine in BXL said... (4/28/06 0:18 AM) Reply
Very spiffy! Your husband is a lucky lad.
Hilary said... (4/27/06 11:44 AM) Reply
Very nice looking pants, Irene! I have this pattern I think and I just need to convince DH that elastic in the waist is *good* thing :D Thanks for all the great tips!
Irene Q said... (4/27/06 8:52 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! DH loves this style because of the expanding elastic waist; plus, he doesn't have to wear a belt! Celeste, I'm not sure how these pants compare to RTW sizing, but if you go by the hip measurement you should be OK.
martinanne said... (4/27/06 7:14 AM) Reply
Those look very nice on your dh, and he looks pleased! Thanks for the great review, and for detailing all your changes.
Celeste said... (4/27/06 0:10 AM) Reply
Do the men's pants in this Kwik Sew pattern come out about a size too large like some of the shirts?
Mufffet said... (4/26/06 10:20 PM) Reply
WOW...good for you. I haven't ever sewed pants for my husband. Shirts yes. Excellent job. They look very comfy yet they look neat!
Karla Kizer said... (4/26/06 6:48 PM) Reply
I think my DH with his expand-o-matic waist measurement would love these. Excellent review, as usual, Irene. Does your DH know how lucky he is that you make him all these great things, or do we need to let him know? Never mind - he looks happy; he knows.
Debbie Cook said... (4/26/06 6:25 PM) Reply
Nice pants! I love how your DH is always such a cheerful (and handsome) model. It's very obvious that he likes what you make for him. I've been contemplating some shorts for DH since his current supply has ... er ... shrunk. ;-) This looks right up his alley!
MaryBeth said... (4/26/06 6:00 PM) Reply
Slick! Your RTW hints are good info for the first time men's pants maker. These are very good looking and so is the model. Thanks for your thoughts on this pattern, Irene!
jnamcd said... (4/26/06 5:09 PM) Reply
Wow! I think these do look a lot better than the pattern picture! The fabric choice looks awesome, too. Excellent job and great review!
Elemenopeo said... (4/26/06 4:07 PM) Reply
Your husband is a lucky recipient of your sewing!

Simplicity OOP 7454