Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 824 (Wide Leg Pant)

Reviewed by:Karla Kizer

About Karla Kizerstarstarstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:10/10/02 10:56 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
AnneM said... (1/3/03 2:43 PM) Reply
Karla, I missed this review when you wrote it. I am considering this pattern. You are bad, poking fun at yourself like that, but very funny. I got a kick out of your profile also. Did you notice a few years ago that the Pillsbury Dough Man slimmed down? Compare the current image to one from years ago, if you can find one.
said... (10/11/02 6:13 PM) Reply
I've never had this inseam problem and I'm also member of the Poppin Fresh club, seriously I'm gonna laugh myself to an early grave.Karla your sense of humour is something else, I always love to read what you have to say about anything LOL:-)
said... (10/11/02 12:04 PM) Reply
Karla, your the boss here. You can change anything you want:). Why not trace the front and back crotch curve from a pattern that has the inseam where you want it. This is what I would do. It took me decades of sewing before I realized I don't EVER have to alter a pants pattern. I just "plug in" part of a pattern that already fits!
said... (10/11/02 8:39 AM) Reply
Karla, the balance of the front and back inseam will differ for different figures. Most of the pants I sew for myself have the inseam pretty far back as they seem to hang best that way - on me. If it bothers you I say change it - isn't that why we sew? :-)
said... (10/11/02 0:12 AM) Reply
I have never noticed this on my many pairs of the taper version (I've not made the wide leg version). I'm wearing my denim/lycra pair today and they seem like any other pair of pants I have.
said... (10/10/02 11:21 PM) Reply
I am wearing a pair of Wide Legs today (I live in them), and now that you mention it, I notice that the inseam is rather far towards the back. The pair I am wearing today are made up in Christine's c/l, and I don't notice the seam allowance. I suggest that you try a pair in cotton/lycra (doesn't have to be Christines although hers is the best), and I am sure you will love them!