Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2006-03 (Tunic Top, Burday Easy Fashion)

Reviewed by:casken

About caskenstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 12/6/04
Posted on:11/21/06 9:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
camilaustral said... (6/15/08 5:40 PM) Reply
hey! the top is so pretty you can still wear it, you can add a nice fabric triangle, like lace or something to cover up a little. or you can wear a thin top underneath. don be sad :)
mrspenguin said... (11/22/06 12:53 PM) Reply
I always have issues with those dropped and curved styles, too. Too bad it didn't work for you. It looked promising. :-)
Elaray said... (11/22/06 10:17 AM) Reply
I made a BWOF dress for my daughter and the neckline was way too low -- especially for a church dress! (Cleavage in church? I don't think so!) I put in an inset as other members have suggested. I hope you're able to salvage this top. The fabric is really cute!
OP Gal said... (11/22/06 8:49 AM) Reply
Too bad it didn't work for you because the fabric is TDF.
said... (4/30/06 2:14 PM) Reply
How about adding a band around the neck opening ending in a tie at center front? I hope you can find a way to make it work for you--it is a cute style and very pretty fabric.
Em's Summer said... (4/30/06 12:35 PM) Reply
You picked lovely fabric in a great color! Sorry it didn't work out, but if the bodice isn't too saggy, maybe you can give it a classic 30s look with cut in shoulders and use it as sleepwear.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/30/06 12:03 PM) Reply
What a shame it didn't work, your fabric is so lovely. Ditto on how the models show off the tops just fine, but we mortals ?? Maybe they are 6 feet and need the deeper V. I always pinch out V necks but may have to really raise this one too. New Look has a very similar top 6573. if you like the general style. Thanks for reviewing anyway!
Lisette said... (4/30/06 11:43 AM) Reply
I always have to go one size smaller in the shoulder, neckline and armhole area to get a good fit. I have a 35.5" bust and I use in Burda a 10 in that area and go up to the 12 at the chest (I am 5'7" and need the width there). It might be worth a try to do the same.
casken said... (4/30/06 11:26 AM) Reply
I don't think an inset will help. The stop is just not flattering on me at all. My bust area looks very droopy.
Stacy Sews said... (4/30/06 8:56 AM) Reply
I had the same issue with this pattern! How did they get those models to look so good in theirs and we looked so bad in ours?
blue mooney said... (4/30/06 8:29 AM) Reply
That really is lovely fabric. I hope you can save this top! Burda is getting just as famous for its plunging necklines as for its crotch curve!
Sewliz said... (4/30/06 7:57 AM) Reply
I like the fabric, it reminds me of ocean, or air. It is a pretty top! I hope you try the inset idea especially if the top fits everywhere else.
Lori V said... (4/30/06 7:43 AM) Reply
Pretty fabric, I think you can save it with an inset or a cami, perhaps. Thanks for the information on the low neck, I am going to make this top soon.
Nickle said... (4/30/06 6:18 AM) Reply
Your did a nice job and the fabric is pretty, so I agree with maybe adding a fabric insert in the V area.
kbcs682 said... (4/30/06 2:15 AM) Reply
Could you add an inset of 3-4 inches in the V using the same material? I like the material & the style.

Favorite Things Sleep Well Pattern