Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Posted on:10/11/02 3:24 PM
Last Updated:10/13/02 5:49 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
said... (10/13/02 10:43 PM) Reply
Your top is darling!! I have problems with too wide nedklines from New Look also. I have learned to compare the pieces and re-draw - almost every time. Thanks for the review!!
said... (10/13/02 10:36 PM) Reply
This looks really cute! I also had a problem with a very wide neck in a New Look knit pattern - I really like a nice open neckline but it was even too wide for me. As Bet mentioned, this must be something to watch for with this brand.
said... (10/13/02 6:05 PM) Reply
Rhonda, I don't know for sure. I'm going to try on the next round. I'm going to bring the neckline in about an inch on each side and bring it up in the back as it was quite low and wide there as well. If I can't slip it on, I will probably do a lapped closure like I've done with DD's tops. Right now I have lots of room to play with.
said... (10/13/02 5:56 PM) Reply
It looks like a really good fit on you. If you nip in the waist for shaping and narrow the neckline, do you think it would still slip on without adding a zipper?
said... (10/12/02 1:37 AM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I've been looking for a pattern for a top like this. I had a similar problem with the neckline for another New Look top I made. Perhaps that's something we need to watch for with this brand.

You Sew Girl Baguette Pattern