Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6569 (Misses Skirts and Knit Top)

Reviewed by:Cambric Tea

About Cambric Teastarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 4/19/03
Posted on:4/30/06 10:38 PM
Last Updated:4/30/06 11:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
ryan's mom said... (5/2/06 11:41 AM) Reply
Great skirt! And that fabric! ...you know, I just made a t-shirt that would go great with your skirt :) . You've motivated me to quickly hurry up with t-shirts and make some summer skirts.
els said... (5/1/06 8:52 PM) Reply
dito debbies comment, purple looks great on you.
Debbie Cook said... (5/1/06 6:19 PM) Reply
How Spring-y! And another gorgeous photo!
Deb Bee said... (5/1/06 4:13 PM) Reply
Great skirt and review!! Hissing fabric - so that's where those voices come from, hmmmm.....
PhyllisC said... (5/1/06 12:39 PM) Reply
Just perfect - I love it!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (5/1/06 11:58 AM) Reply
Love the look you've achieved! Great idea to underline the calico. This design is great because the waist yoke prevents any 'enlarging' effects that would have resulted by gathering at the waist. I will have to try this. Thanks !
Mariko said... (5/1/06 11:50 AM) Reply
Very cute skirt on you! It looks very nicely done (as usual) and I love your choice of fabric design/pattern & color very much. It looks so soothing with the background green! Well done, C. Tea!!
pterion said... (5/1/06 10:02 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute! My fabric bosses me around too. And it's usually right.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/1/06 10:00 AM) Reply
What a beauty - I mean you and the skirt. Great job. I always enjoy reading your reviews.
slanden99 said... (5/1/06 9:52 AM) Reply
Beautiful skirt!
countrybug said... (5/1/06 8:41 AM) Reply
Loved your review and your skirt is nice too ;). Great tips, I am going now to look up the zipper info. Thanks again.
Tini said... (5/1/06 8:16 AM) Reply
wow, I love love love love it. It is soooo classy. Every time I see your reviews I feel the urge to either run and sew or run and put on some makeup and nicer clothes ;)
kwpanthermom said... (5/1/06 7:59 AM) Reply
Wonderful skirt! Thanks for the invisible zipper/facing hint, I'll have to try that once I get more comfortable just putting in invisible zippers!
CarolynGM said... (5/1/06 6:52 AM) Reply
Every sewist's dream -- a pattern that fits perfectly with no alterations! Thanks for the invisible zipper tip. I have two yoked skirts cut out, and I intend to try this technique on them.
PVA said... (5/1/06 0:25 AM) Reply
Love the skirt! Thanks for the review & a special thank you for the link to "Dress a Day"!
leigh7911 said... (5/1/06 0:21 AM) Reply
Talking fabric is one thing. But hissing?? It must be scary in your sewing room =) Excellent skirt, definitely flattering.
CSM--Carla said... (4/30/06 11:39 PM) Reply
You look darling in these Cambric Tea. Love the Dress a Day link and the hissing fabric!! Thanks for the review!
BjP said... (4/30/06 11:23 PM) Reply
You look lovely in this color! I like both the skirts - they look great.
yarnivore said... (4/30/06 11:13 PM) Reply
I am *totally* going to make this! You're wearing my summer uniform right there: t-shirt and flared skirt. I'm working on my Jalie 2005 muslin; if I get a go-to skirt worked out, I may never buy clothes again! (Um, wait, no one is going to hold me to that, right?)
Jennifer shaw said... (4/30/06 10:46 PM) Reply
Great skirts!!! Thanks for the hint on the invisible zip.

SewBaby The Twirly Dress Pattern