Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2829 (Misses Jackets)

Reviewed by:Mufffet

About Mufffetstarstarstarstar
VT USA
Member since: 8/14/05
Posted on:5/1/06 8:09 PM
Last Updated:2/9/07 9:21 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Skirts

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Mufffet said... (2/11/07 1:09 PM) Reply
cecelia, I didn't pay attention to the seam allowance as such - I just serged the seams with the four thread overlock at the default setting. Then I widened the stitch and did the 3 thread for the edging. :) With the ample material in this jacket you don't have to be worrying about the seam allowance. I usually use a 3/8" seam allowance on everything when using the sewing machine. I like a seam that has room to play with if need be.
ryan's mom said... (2/11/07 8:16 AM) Reply
Great jacket! I love the luster of Designer 6 thread and it really complements the jacket.
Sanibelle said... (2/11/07 7:54 AM) Reply
Thank you for showing us your latest version. I love the edgestitching contrast; it's such a simple, elegant addition. What a great basic pattern. Here's to many more!
cecelia said... (2/10/07 5:00 PM) Reply
Muffet--2 nice looking jackets. I really like the decorative stitching! Were these the usual 1/4" seam allowances of KS?
BeckyC said... (2/10/07 10:05 AM) Reply
Very pretty jacket on you. The turquioise colored thread you used for the edge finished is such a nice complement to the color of your jacket. You're adding a bit of spring to your wardrobe in this dreadfully cold weather!
Sherril Miller said... (2/10/07 9:52 AM) Reply
I don't see any way around that extra fabric under the arms, but since it does serve a purpose, you wouldn't want to get rid of it. I have this pattern, but haven't found the right fabric for it. I think the fleece, being more drapey, is a better fabric to hide that extra fabric.
Lhan said... (2/9/07 10:42 PM) Reply
Nice varied uses of a fairly basic pattern. It shows what you can do with innovative thinking. These are both really useful garments, and good examples for the rest of us.
JenSews2 said... (2/9/07 10:06 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips on the fleece! I really like the decorative edge with the turquoise. Nice touch.
wvsher said... (5/3/06 9:14 AM) Reply
Nice jacket!
Sharon Smith said... (5/2/06 10:37 AM) Reply
Very nice! Yours looks ever so much nicer than the pattern shows. Corduroy was a great choice. This jacket can go everywhere.
countrybug said... (5/2/06 8:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and love the fabric, makes me want to run to the store and get some. Nice job.
AnneM said... (5/2/06 8:20 AM) Reply
I hadn't thought about the size of the pattern pieces for dolman sleeve tops. Good point. I like this style of casual jacket.
mClones said... (5/1/06 9:10 PM) Reply
nice looking jacket! i agree that there is a little too much fabric under the arms, but i still like the look on you.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2014-113