Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 03-2006-105B (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:5/6/06 0:54 AM

Diane E said... (5/7/06 12:08 PM) Reply
Wow, Patti, between your review and the comments, I now feel really good about just looking at this pretty skirt in the magazine. It's so nice on you! What a pity that it didn't work out.
Danvillegirl said... (5/7/06 7:39 AM) Reply
I hate wadders! They do happen. At least you can vent with all of us. I love the fabric and skirt looks good in photo. Really nice color.
erikagut said... (5/6/06 9:30 PM) Reply
Speaking for at least one celery, my version of this skirt drove me mad. -Had to take out the side seam and zipper about 4 times and finally (am soo horrified about this) actually gave up and took it to the tailor. Oh the shame! Well, it's now wearable - but even they were not completely successful. Yours looks great in the picture! It's a beautiful color.
Sewliz said... (5/6/06 1:19 PM) Reply
I like how the skirt looks in the picture and the color is great. Too bad it ultimately didn't work for you. I have my eye on this pattern since I like bias skirts. I am a pear type which just means that I need more fabric at the hips for bias. If the fabric is drapey you need more than you might think. Also a lining really helps smooth things out. A georgette would have worked well as a lining for your fabric I'll bet. Good for you for sticking with it long enough to finish and wear!
Katharine in BXL said... (5/6/06 10:25 AM) Reply
Bummer! Thx for the warning.
Patti B said... (5/6/06 10:19 AM) Reply
I love it! Perhaps we should start a poll: Which fruit or vegetable do you identify with? I'm on my way to find some celery to dunk! Thanks for the sympathy. Some things just don't work out.
Patti B said... (5/6/06 10:16 AM) Reply
duplicate post removed
Elemenopeo said... (5/6/06 10:10 AM) Reply
Yeah - let's dunk the celery in the margarita. It was a valiant effort Patti B. I'll skip this one too since I'm more of a Bosc pear.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/6/06 9:44 AM) Reply
Oh Patti - I hate it when this happens. I think many of us have been there. Sorry it didn't work out for you. But, I do have to say - I love that color on you.
Peggy L said... (5/6/06 9:25 AM) Reply
Bummer - but I enjoyed your review. You deserve aother margarita after all that.
redhead said... (5/6/06 7:54 AM) Reply
A celery! That's a new one on me. Cat, you're hilarious. I was going to make the asymmetric view out of a border print, but I am always changing my mind when it comes to this particular piece of fabric.
_Cat_ said... (5/6/06 4:14 AM) Reply
Sorry it didn't workout. I made this last week and as a apple I thought it drew much too much attention to my big fat belly. Maybe we need to wait for a celery to make this :)
Em's Summer said... (5/6/06 2:32 AM) Reply
Sorry to hear that it caused soo much undoing and redoing & then ended up being tossed because it didn't wear right. The style looks great and you picked fabric that's a wonderful color. That skirt looks very pretty in the pic.
jemgirlca said... (5/6/06 1:43 AM) Reply
Too bad, because it looks great in the picture!
Understanding Interfacings