Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2006-103 (Skirt with Curved Seams)

Reviewed by:_Cat_

About _Cat_
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:5/7/06 12:16 PM
Last Updated:5/7/06 12:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people
Joann Eidhoff said... (5/8/06 1:11 PM) Reply
I'm impressed. You're so fast. You come, cut and sew! Congratulations on a wonderful job. I, too, was thinking of sewing it up without the zippers, since I am not sure that I would like sitting on zippers all that much! But your reality ( a finished skirt) is still in dream stage with me!
_Cat_ said... (5/8/06 12:13 PM) Reply
:) I only got this mag a couple of days ago- I just really wanted to make the skirt before I go on holiday :) The curved seams probably make it slightly harder to adjust since there aren't any side seams to adjust, but there are plenty of darts and a font seam. which are all easy to adjust. If you think of a normal pencil kirt as being made from a big rectangle of fabric sewn into a tube with some darts in, then this pattern is just that rectangle sliced up with curvy seams- so it's a lot like an normal pencil skirt.
Sewing Chick said... (5/8/06 10:59 AM) Reply
That was fast! I haven't received my May issue from Burda yet and you have already sewn up the skirt! It looks like an interesting skirt. Do the unusual seams help with the fit or make it more challenging?
bunz said... (5/7/06 2:19 PM) Reply
Can't really see the picture well on this one, but I like this skirt. The zips are as much for sytle (I like them) as for ease of movement
Laurieo said... (5/7/06 1:53 PM) Reply
Nice job on both the skirt and your jacket. Those are 2 fairly complicated patterns for a beginner. Keep up the good work!

All About Linings