Pattern Reviews> Cutting Line Designs> 53001 (Points and Pleats)

Reviewed by:Mair from CA

About Mair from CA
Member since: 11/1/02

Posted on:5/7/06 9:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
nzkiwi said... (2/6/07 2:23 AM) Reply
Thank you for this detailed review. I had the same difficulty with the facings, I thought I had not followed instructions but realised in the end that it was a pattern error. Like you I adjusted the buttons etc to fit the way I wanted. The piece about the neck hmm perhaps there needs to be more accurate presentation.
Mini said... (5/8/06 10:56 PM) Reply
That top looks very elegant. It's not a style I could wear, but it looks perfect on you-much better than the pattern cover art too! for a more visible topstitch, I agree aabout using a coordinating rather than matching thread. Sometimes I use silk thread in a shade just a bit darker or lighter than the fabric. It seems to "pop" a bit more than when the thread is an exact match, but it's still subtle. I think making test swatches with different threads and colors may help you get just the right effect for the next blouse.
Sewing Chick said... (5/8/06 11:01 AM) Reply
Your shirt turned out great! I have made this up once and love the shirt. Some day, I plan to make more. I find it to be very comfortable. I kept mine longer in the back and find that this is very slimming.
Debbie Cook said... (5/8/06 10:44 AM) Reply
Pretty color! Too bad about the "problem" but it doesn't look like a problem at all on the finished top.
wvsher said... (5/8/06 10:28 AM) Reply
Very pretty top!
AnneM said... (5/8/06 8:47 AM) Reply
Great review. Not my style of top, but I always appreciate seeing an informative review even if it isn't a style that fits me.
Irene Q said... (5/8/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Great shirt! Now that summer's here, this is on my short list and I'll be sure to watch out for that placket - thanks! If you're brave, a stripe or plaid could really show off the design details, but personally I'm too chicken to do that much matching. :-) Louise uses that same collar on all her shirts, by the way.
fuzzygalore said... (5/8/06 6:06 AM) Reply
Very good looking, thanks for the review. I have this pattern, with the thought that it'd be ideal to show off a single great button.

To show topstitching better, how about using quilting-weight thread? Or maybe it'd be a good place to practice hand-stitching, like in those wonderful 40s shirts..

Mary Stiefer said... (5/7/06 10:45 PM) Reply
This looks great. I love the color.

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Islander Sewing Systems Double Green Shopping Bag Pattern