Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4314 (It's So Easy Misses Tunic)

Reviewed by:wvsher

About wvsherstar
Member since: 3/21/06
Posted on:5/7/06 10:23 PM
Last Updated:5/7/06 10:23 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
wvsher said... (5/8/06 9:52 AM) Reply
I tried this because I have been wanting some long-sleeve, lightweight tops for summer. My arms get too much sun, too many bug bites, and too scratched up from gardening in the summer. We have a wedding in the family this August, so I'm going to try to be more careful this summer so as to not have ravaged arms for the wedding!
AnneM said... (5/8/06 8:41 AM) Reply
I love seeing these summer top reviews this time of year. (At least to me, long sleeve loose tops in a light fabric are perfect for summer - it keeps the hot sun off the arms.) This one looks a little low on the cleavage in the pattern pic; I don't have the cleavage to show off. Odd on the tightness through the bust; good info.
wvsher said... (5/8/06 7:06 AM) Reply
Thanks, Cathy! Neck & shoulders are fine, maybe even a little loose in the neck.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (5/8/06 2:19 AM) Reply
Your tunic looks very cute. How did it fit you through the shoulders and neck? Would it be more comfortable in the next size up? I'm glad you had fun making it.

Butterick B4976