Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

• Pressing Leather
    • Sewing Darts
    • Inserting Zipper
    • Finishing
  9. Bonus: A 29 page PDF document showing step by step photos of all the different types of darts and seams. ">Leather 101 Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 00P 8219

Posted on:5/14/06 5:17 PM
Last Updated:5/14/06 5:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Anne Frances said... (5/15/06 4:23 AM) Reply
Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm delighted to find I am not alone in liking these garments! Responder, Claire Schaeffer in "Sew any Fabric" says silk is warm in winter and cool in summer and this has very much been my experience: when it's woven into a charmeuse it is soft, breathable and very comfortable. Silk has always been a favourite fabric for people who could afford it in really hot climates - think Southern China or the Indian sub-continent - I think for good reasons! Anne
BjP said... (5/14/06 10:47 PM) Reply
Such a helpful and informative review! Your slips are gorgeous and I enjoyed reading your review.
Jennifer shaw said... (5/14/06 10:33 PM) Reply
Your slips are so lovely and beautiful! Being a fellow slip lover, I always like to wear slips under skirts and dresses, too! Thank you for your hints on the "slippy" fabrics and a wonderful review!
Leslie in Austin said... (5/14/06 8:42 PM) Reply
Just today, my mother and I were lamenting the demise of the slip. I suspect they've gone the way of the dinosaur because they don't sell ones as pretty as these that you have made. Loved the story of the their long journey into being! Congrats on a lovely job well done.
AndSewOn said... (5/14/06 8:11 PM) Reply
It's so nice to hear about another slip lover. I wear slips most every day. And my 20 something daughters like to wear slips too. Just because they're not so popular right now doesn't mean they aren't a good idea. I can't imagine going without one, although I know a lot of people do. Thanks for your hints on slithering fabrics and a great review.
CarolynD said... (5/14/06 7:10 PM) Reply
Very lovely slips. Nice choice of lace, too.
mastdenman said... (5/14/06 6:24 PM) Reply
These slips are simply beautiful. I don't have very much use for a slip since I mostly wear pants, but it's nice to know that I could have such a beautiful undergarment without breaking the bank. Pant liners are nice. I have a couple pair that I have made and use them under cheap pants that are unlined.
Responder said... (5/14/06 6:06 PM) Reply
Very nice. Someone told me silk is warm in summer. It's really hot here. Would silk work for a very hot climate?
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/14/06 5:20 PM) Reply
How beautiful! I used to have that pattern, but I think it has gone to the great pattern haven in the sky! -Ann

by: frozensout...