Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 6838 (nightgowns)

Reviewed by:Mary Stiefer

About Mary Stieferstarstarstarstar
CO USA
Member since: 2/17/03
Posted on:5/14/06 6:03 PM
Last Updated:5/14/06 6:05 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (5/15/06 5:53 PM) Reply
Your skills and ingenuity turned bad into good. Mere mortals would have given up at the cut out! :)
Elemenopeo said... (5/15/06 5:41 PM) Reply
Great save of a poor pattern.
PVA said... (5/15/06 4:26 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Mary. I'm sorry the pattern gave you so much grief, but you certainly came up with a very nice nightgown! Like the others, I think you might want to just lay it aside for awhile & then, maybe in a month or so, take it back out in the light of day for another look -- let the painful memory fade a little! (LOL)
wvsher said... (5/15/06 4:14 PM) Reply
It looks pretty nice, to me, too. But a poorly drafted pattern is a bummer and makes a lot more work than there really ought to be.
JDpenelope said... (5/15/06 1:04 PM) Reply
Mary, I think you should lay the gown aside and try it on in a week or so. My bet is you'll be pleasantly surprised at the project, and not so disgusted with the process of making it. The pattern may be from Hell, but the gown that you wrenched from it is a keeper.
SewVeryTall said... (5/15/06 9:32 AM) Reply
Mary, the first thing I noticed about your nightgown was the cute buttoned yoke. I would've never guessed it was a "fix". It turned out nice if you ask me :)
ReneeSews said... (5/15/06 5:27 AM) Reply
I think this looks good on you also with your altered yoke.
BjP said... (5/14/06 10:05 PM) Reply
I dunno, Mary....I don't think it looks bad at all! It certainly looks better than most of the things I sleep in! Nice creative save on the front.
redsquid said... (5/14/06 7:09 PM) Reply
My girlfriends and I have been discussing the idea that the assumption is: if you are blessed with bosoms - you must be blessed with square shoulders like a linebacker! It looks like this pattern came with a linebacker yoke... Your tuck-and-button solution looks great (and makes it MUCH cuter if that is any consolation!)

by: EssiMay