Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> 23280

Posted on:5/14/06 10:03 PM
Last Updated:5/14/06 10:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
xtreme1 said... (10/29/07 7:17 PM) Reply
Ditto all the complimentary comments. I'm about to download this pattern.
Joann Eidhoff said... (7/21/06 8:04 AM) Reply
10 years younger and 10 pounds thinner! Wow! Do you suppose I could wear three pairs at the same time? That would give my big, fat and uglies a real run!
Sew it seams said... (5/17/06 0:44 AM) Reply
Irina those pants look fantastic on you! I only WISH I could look that good in a pair of pants! Any pants, even RTW! Really, you have found your perfect fitting pants pattern. Great job.
chocobar said... (5/16/06 7:31 AM) Reply
These pants have a great line. I want this pattern!
Oziroo said... (5/16/06 3:42 AM) Reply
These trousers are wonderful. I am going straight to the neue mode website!
CarolynGM said... (5/15/06 7:00 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! I never dreamed I would get so many comments on these simple pants that didn't photograph so well, but all your kind words are much appreciated. Sometimes the simplest things are the best, aren't they? As for the figure (what's left of it) -- at 61 I have to work at it, but riding 8 miles on a stationery bike three times a week and avoiding fast food seem to help.
Karla Kizer said... (5/15/06 4:59 PM) Reply
I second Peggy's dream of long and lean....On a brighter note (for me, anyhow) I HAVE THIS PATTERN! I am so excited. I bought it for the jacket design, and frankly, never noticed the pants were included. I feel very lucky, having seen your great pants, Carolyn. Nice work, fantastic-fitting pants and a very motivating review.
Harriet Rogers said... (5/15/06 4:44 PM) Reply
Perfect pants on what looks like the perfect figure. I love the fit and the width.
Peggy L said... (5/15/06 4:05 PM) Reply
Wow - those look fabulous! In my next life I want to be long and lean!!
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (5/15/06 2:51 PM) Reply
You've got a winner!!
PhyllisC said... (5/15/06 2:13 PM) Reply
Those pants are a knock-out!
redsquid said... (5/15/06 1:13 PM) Reply
Very classy-looking classic pants.
Debbie Cook said... (5/15/06 12:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit! Like Dr. Sue, I can't imagine how great they are IRL if these wonderful pics aren't even close!! How pleased you must be.
Leslie in Austin said... (5/15/06 12:38 PM) Reply
Those look great! Love the leg shape.
muffie11 said... (5/15/06 12:31 PM) Reply
beautiful pants, I made a pair of knockoffs a few years ago with that leg width below the knee, and I know how becoming they can be. My original pair I bought at Nieman Marcus, and they are worn out, and my hand made pair got thrown out, so I am very interested in this pattern. Good job. They look really good on you.
slanden99 said... (5/15/06 10:29 AM) Reply
very sleek--looks great on you
Nancy K said... (5/15/06 8:48 AM) Reply
Beautiful fit, an accomplishment. Enjoy!
JDpenelope said... (5/15/06 8:48 AM) Reply
10 years younger? 10 lbs thinner? Just wish they'd make my legs look 10 inches longer, then maybe they'd almost be as long as yours. Thanks for the review.
carolynw said... (5/15/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Your pants look perfect. I have been wondering how Neue Mode patterns would fit - some of their styles are quite different and have wanted to try but was not sure of the outcome so this review is really helpful
countrybug said... (5/15/06 8:25 AM) Reply
Wow, great pants, great fit, I wish I had your figure!! Beautiful job, nicer than the drawing, may have to look into NM for my DD's. Thanks
AnneM said... (5/15/06 7:56 AM) Reply
Those look very nice. Love the style; it is just the type that I like.
jbrewer said... (5/15/06 7:18 AM) Reply
These look fantastic on you! Great review.
2BSewing said... (5/15/06 6:46 AM) Reply
Beautiful pair of pants you've made. The fit looks great. Thanks for the review.
Danvillegirl said... (5/15/06 5:31 AM) Reply
Great fitting pants.
fuzzygalore said... (5/15/06 5:12 AM) Reply
Hey, if these pants could make me look that good 10 years ago, I want some :-)! YOu probably deserve a pants-of-the-year award here..
Anne Frances said... (5/15/06 4:59 AM) Reply
What very elegant pants- and fitting beautifully. Congratulations. I have just been to Neue Mode's own website http://www.neuemodestil.de/ and found this pattern still up, so it should still be in print. If you click on USA on the home page you get an English language version. Even the newest patterns have the line drawings. It may be the way that the Sewing Place choses to dispay the information on its own website that is the problem. I really like NM patterns, though in the UK we seem to have to order them from the USA or Netherlands or Denmark! But they are worth it. Anne
casken said... (5/15/06 1:31 AM) Reply
Wow, nice fit.
lmg said... (5/15/06 0:09 AM) Reply
Wow! These look absolutely wonderful.
jemgirlca said... (5/15/06 0:03 AM) Reply
Wow, fab pants!! They look fantastic on you!
Sharon Smith said... (5/14/06 11:34 PM) Reply
Irina, these are the best looking pants I've seen on PR. Absolutely stunning! Here's a proposition for you - would you consent to being a diet coach. You have a fabulous figure!
Patti B said... (5/14/06 11:27 PM) Reply
Amazing pants! Make them in all colors! I love them and they look wonderful on you.
CSM--Carla said... (5/14/06 11:11 PM) Reply
Great Pants, Irena! Thanks for the thorough review and the heads up on Neue Mode patterns--especially pants.
drsue said... (5/14/06 10:56 PM) Reply
These pants are fabulous on you. If the pictures "don't do them justice" then I can't even imagine how terrific they must be in real life!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/14/06 10:48 PM) Reply
Fantastic pants that look so wonderful on you!! Congrats on a terrific new pattern that you love.
sewbehind said... (5/14/06 10:42 PM) Reply
I think these look great on you! Perhaps I can convince a local retailer to carry these patterns. Wear them in good health.
MaryBeth said... (5/14/06 10:41 PM) Reply
Very nice pants (lucky you!) and I think that jacket would smashing on you as well. I look forward to seeing how your new patterns make up if you have time to review them.
BjP said... (5/14/06 10:41 PM) Reply
Wow - if I looked as good as you do wearing pants, I'd wear them all the time! They look fabulous!
Mary Stiefer said... (5/14/06 10:25 PM) Reply
What a great looking pair of pants. I think you found a staple to your wardrpbe. Great job.
Sue Anfang said... (5/14/06 10:10 PM) Reply
Great pants, and I love the jacket from this pattern. Will you make it please pretty please so I can see how nice it is???

Understanding Knit Fabrics