Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 426 (Shirred Top and Princess Wrap)

Reviewed by:ConnieBJ

About ConnieBJstarstar
ON Canada
Member since: 12/31/03
Posted on:5/19/06 11:35 PM
Last Updated:12/12/07 1:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
taylormade said... (3/8/13 10:03 AM) Reply
I loved your review. I just finished making this top yesterday...it took me much longer as I am a machine then serger stitcher...I also LOVE my top, even tho it fits closer than I usually wear, it just looks good! Thanks for your reviews and I love that black trim. Where did you say you purchased it??
taylormade said... (9/5/08 11:01 PM) Reply
Great review. I also like this pattern a lot, and am thinking of making it in the long sleeved version. I'm also interested in using my coverstitch machine, but there it sits while I sew with the serger and sewing machine. Any suggestions on getting started with it. It's a Bernina (D9)?? I think. Mary Taylor (Taylormade)
taylormade said... (7/11/08 11:08 PM) Reply
I have actually been thinking about making that top, but wasn't sure. your pictures put me over the edge! What weight knit will work best, do you think? I have some rayon lycra knits and some silk knits Thanks, Mary Taylor
Jan B. said... (4/13/08 2:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops. I love your fabrics--especially the one with FOE. Great photography.
OP Gal said... (12/14/07 5:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful tops. Beautiful fabric.
Karen6790 said... (12/14/07 0:41 AM) Reply
Love the top, love the fabric. And not a bad turnaround time for PR Weekend fabric, either. You've been a busy girl.
MissCelie said... (12/13/07 6:41 PM) Reply
I *ADORE* this print. I wish I hd picked up some of that elastic. I remember reading about it before. Great top!
cindyann said... (12/13/07 8:02 AM) Reply
Very pretty!
Diane E said... (12/12/07 11:34 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops! I love this pattern, too, and yours are a great inspiration to sew it again!
marjenann said... (12/12/07 8:25 PM) Reply
Fabulous!!! I love your new creations!!
LindsayT said... (12/12/07 7:43 PM) Reply
Wow, I sure hope Kashi still has this fabric when I visit his store after Christmas. Love the whole thing!
Karen8320 said... (12/12/07 7:01 PM) Reply
Connie, these tops are great and I love the fabrics you've chosen. It is a great pattern, isn't it, and you are right about it looking fantastic on varying body shapes. It's definitely a flattering design.
Kaitlinnegan said... (12/12/07 6:49 PM) Reply
Ooo, I love your tops! They look great. The print of #3 is SO FAB!!
Sigrid. said... (12/12/07 4:48 PM) Reply
Wonderful tops, thanks for a very helpful review. And the brown/fabric is really gorgeous.
Lori V said... (12/12/07 4:43 PM) Reply
Great tops.
007gurl said... (12/12/07 3:31 PM) Reply
Great fabric choice!
Deepika said... (12/12/07 3:13 PM) Reply
Connie gorgeous top!!! Janice, Connie's photo is posted on Friendsofpr.com so I can guarantee that there is nothing happening there. You may have spyware on your computer. Better check it out.
cindy-lou said... (12/12/07 3:09 PM) Reply
Connie, I don't know if I can call sewing your daughter's wedding dress a 'sewing slump'-- but I'm glad any time I see something new from you. Thank you!
Janice C. said... (12/12/07 2:59 PM) Reply
Connie - you have nothing to worry about because the pictures were so OBVIOUSLY not put there by you - it is just a mystery how they got caught up in your pictures. I should not have downloaded that file - but I am not very computer savvy. Anyway its time to move on ! BTW I also have that brown black cream print jersey, but I got mine from Gorgeous Fabrics. I am going to make a dress with mine so it was great to see it made up in a garment
Birgitte said... (12/12/07 2:58 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top- great job!! I agree, its a fab pattern. And your picture works fine now.
carolynw said... (12/12/07 2:55 PM) Reply
Lovely Connie - have been toying with the idea of getting this pattern - now I see I must - I must indeed. Thanks for the wonderful review with your (our)Canadian 2c
ConnieBJ said... (12/12/07 2:25 PM) Reply
X2post
ConnieBJ said... (12/12/07 2:13 PM) Reply
Whew! thanks for letting me know Janice! Believe me when I say that I would NEVER post photos of that nature! I did ask Deepika to look at it just in case.
Janice C. said... (12/12/07 2:09 PM) Reply
Connie the first time I looked at your pictures I wasasked to download a file - which I did because your name appeared on it - your top then appeared plus some pictures of young ladies wearing no tops at all ! Maybe I've acquired a virus - I'll get it checked. When I looked at your pictures again just now by clicking the same link I got the right pictures - i.e photos of your fabulous sewing.
kkkkaty said... (12/12/07 2:02 PM) Reply
top is beautiful, and pics look fine to me....
ConnieBJ said... (12/12/07 2:01 PM) Reply
Janice -It all worked okay when I opened them- I will look more closely, but in the mean time -I apologize for any unexpected pics! It should just send you to my Picasa webalbum that I use for Pattern review and blog photos. Update- I just checked again and it was all fine, so I am confused! Thanks for the heads up though. I will ask Deepika to look at it for me.
Janice C. said... (12/12/07 1:50 PM) Reply
Connie - I love the top and the fabric but I regret opening the file with the photo of the garment because there were some rather unexpected pictures in there - they don't really look lile your kind of thing - I think you'd better check it out and sort it out (if need be )

by: FreyaStark