Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5562 (6 Drawstring Bottoms Made Easy)

Reviewed by:Mermie

About Mermiestar
NE USA
Member since: 5/15/05
Posted on:5/21/06 9:58 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Lorna C. Newman said... (5/23/06 8:12 AM) Reply
Hey, I have this fabric too ... it was in my mystery bundle! Nice to hear it stay soft after washing!
Mermie said... (5/22/06 11:04 AM) Reply
You guys are all so nice. thanks so much for the compliments. I wish I was better with a digital camera so I could capture the print better. It really is gorgeous. Next review I'm having one of my kids take the picture. They are much better digital camera wranglers than I am.
wvsher said... (5/22/06 10:01 AM) Reply
Very cute, love the fabric and the ribbon.
countrybug said... (5/22/06 8:28 AM) Reply
Great pants. Beautiful fabric and good job. Congratulations on your first review!!
BillieJean said... (5/22/06 6:35 AM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review! Nice pants, too. Billie
SewTwin said... (5/22/06 3:13 AM) Reply
Looks you did great to me on both. I have a breezy RTW pair of pants like this, and love them.Pics help loads on reviews!Look forward to more reviews.
Patzee said... (5/22/06 2:55 AM) Reply
They certainly do look really comfy. I like the way you added the ribbon. Thanks for the review!
Mermie said... (5/21/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Mary, I will try to post a picture of the elastic and ribbon drawstring, Keep in mind that it took me less time to make these pants and the Sim #4150 top to go with them than it did to post these 2 reviews.
Karla Kizer said... (5/21/06 10:37 AM) Reply
First review AND you got the picture linked? I'm impressed! I'll bet those pants feel great; they remind me of some of the at-home stuff I saw in small, expensive stores in NYC. Love that paisley.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/21/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. Would love to see a pic of the elastic with ribbon for your tie - just to see how it's done. Might be something I might want to use.
sew obsessed said... (5/21/06 10:01 AM) Reply
Congrats on your first review. Great job. I love the paisley fabric. Thanks the review.

by: lauramae