Pattern Reviews> LaFred> 101 (Cassandra Skirt)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:5/21/06 12:27 PM
Last Updated:5/21/06 12:39 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (5/22/06 1:15 PM) Reply
Bring on the pitcher of margaritas and cute guys! Your legs look very nice, problem?! ;)
Londa Rohlfing said... (5/22/06 9:49 AM) Reply
I agree completely - I think this is a 'sexy dancing skirt' myself. I want to use the back pieces to make a front...I love the drape of the back.
Danvillegirl said... (5/22/06 5:29 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. I like the skirt and if I make will remember this issue.
Tiner W said... (5/21/06 4:57 PM) Reply
Nice-looking skirt--great review. This is totally OT, but I love that carpet runner!
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/21/06 4:54 PM) Reply
I completely agree about the walking/sitting problem. I love this skirt, but it's not really practical. I made it way back when and while I keep it in the closet, I don't wear it often for precisely that reason. -Ann
KarmenG said... (5/21/06 4:47 PM) Reply
Sue - Thanks for the specifics about the skirt opening up. It looks very flattering and feminine. I think when I make it I'll also make a coordinating silk slip. But as Ann pointed out - it might be a skirt to wear occassionally. I just love the look of it - I hope I can make a modification that makes it more wearable. I don't like to fuss with my clothing once I'm dressed!
SueV said... (5/21/06 2:31 PM) Reply
Speaking of flirty, I was at Lowes the other day and while waiting for a palette of tiles, I was talking with one of the managers there who was flirting with me..... I was so thrilled that he was flirting with me that I didn't want the tile to come. It made me feel like I must look normal again! :)
Ann Smith said... (5/21/06 1:43 PM) Reply
Yes the flowing open problem is a definite issue with this skirt. I only wore mine a few times before deciding it was annoying. Yours looks so pretty though....I'd go with the drinking margaritas plan.
Patti B said... (5/21/06 12:59 PM) Reply
Sue, good to see you sewing so much again! Perhaps this is a skirt to wear while drinking margaritas when the flirty skirt would be just the ticket? I have wondered about that aspect of this pattern.
Mandolin82 said... (5/21/06 12:35 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I had wondered about the modesty aspect of this design so it is good to have specifics!

Marfy 2264