Pattern Reviews> Sewing Workshop> Ikina Jacket (Ikina Jacket)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:5/21/06 1:05 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket    Pants
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (5/22/06 1:17 PM) Reply
Very cool looking! A winner!
wvsher said... (5/22/06 10:15 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket.
cecelia said... (5/22/06 10:07 AM) Reply
Thanks, Sue. Your jacket is lovely. I made this in a part linen "leaf" pattern, and it came out very well. The only change I made was to have the inner sides sewn down so that they wouldn't flare out. Being a "petite" in a size 14, I didn't need any more "flare out" than I already have. It's very comfortable, and so are the pants, but I would make them a little larger for myself and longer next time.
Enid E said... (5/21/06 3:18 PM) Reply
I was so glad to see your review on this jacket...I just got the pattern and it is on the top of my sewing list. I also think the pant that is included, looks as comfortable as the jacket. I am going to enjoy finding the perfect fabric for this..I like your choices...very nice!
SueV said... (5/21/06 2:28 PM) Reply
Ann, I got my fabric at the show in Pomona - Design for Sew & Profit. Isn't that silk great. However, I saw it a lot cheaper on ebay, and ordered some, I'll let you know how the quality compares.
Ann Smith said... (5/21/06 1:47 PM) Reply
I'm pleased to see your review of this pattern as I'm getting ready to make it myself. I love your idea of incorporating kimono scraps with this. I bought the pattern and some burmese silk from SW at Puyallup. Is that where you did too?

Christine Jonson Wrap Top