Pattern Reviews> Burda> 9860 (Boys' Pants)

Reviewed by:Trinity.

About Trinity.starstar
Member since: 10/9/05
Posted on:5/21/06 1:44 PM
Last Updated:5/21/06 1:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Hilary said... (12/8/10 5:32 PM) Reply
This is such a great review, thank you so much for going to the trouble to detail the whole list of steps, and for the tips about pocket issues. I always find Burda pockets to be useless as well :oP and I cut out a sizing chart from the pattern sheet and keep it with my patterns. The pants turned out great, btw!
Melanie Herron said... (9/6/06 7:42 AM) Reply
I've just bought this pattern for my DS. Same age and shape by the sound of it. He is too tall and skinny for readymades. I haven't put scissors to fabric yet so your suggestions will save me alot of time and trouble. Thanks
Leora said... (5/22/06 10:55 AM) Reply
I had to tell you I ordered this pattern from Deepika yesterday thanks to you! I asked DS what color he wants to try first and he said soldier green! hehehe. See, they really do like this color.
wvsher said... (5/22/06 10:16 AM) Reply
I agree they turned out great. Thanks for the informative review!
countrybug said... (5/22/06 8:39 AM) Reply
Wow, absolutely great pants. You are my hero for doing all the detail work required on those pants. That is one thing that really keeps me from doing jeans and jean jackets. Beautiful job!!
Patzee said... (5/22/06 2:42 AM) Reply
Excellent review! Yes, it really is a pain to constantly have to rethread. Thanks for the alternate steps. It's really helpful for a novice like myself.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/21/06 2:46 PM) Reply
Wow - you spent a lot of time but it looks like it was well worth it - especially if DS loves them. It's hard to understand why pattern companies can't seem to pick up all the errors in their patterns.
Leora said... (5/21/06 2:26 PM) Reply
You really put some major time into this! Thank you for the steps and I'm going to use your alternate instructions as my jeans sewing reference from now on since you improved the sewing order. Thank you for a great review!

Kwik Sew 3624