Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5002 (Swing Skirt)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
Posted on:10/17/02 1:53 AM
Last Updated:3/5/05 11:26 PM
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
Lisa Laree said... (3/8/05 8:11 AM) Reply
Well, the original plan was to wear it under a longer jacket anyway...when I get the jacket finished I'll wear the skirt with it in the photo and we'll see how that looks...thanks for all the comments!
CatherineN said... (3/7/05 2:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for the multi-review of this skirt. They all look different enough that Loes herself might not recognize them.
Karen Bowers said... (3/7/05 10:51 AM) Reply
lisa, i think the skirt looks great on you, and i think your flower on the top idea will make it look even more age-appropriate and fashionable at the same time. i always enjoy your re-reviews of patterns you own -- you are an innovator!
AnneM said... (3/6/05 3:55 PM) Reply
I confess, I think the lavender one is a bit young looking on you. Some of the other ones work better for you, I think.
Lisa Laree said... (3/6/05 12:41 PM) Reply
LOL, thanks, Ladies, for the encouragement! Actually, it's not my family that has me thinking I might pass this on to DD; the skirt is a little edgier than I'm used to and I'll have to adjust a bit and -- this time, anyway -- I was wondering if maybe they were right. I intend to wear it at least a couple of times... at least w/a longer jacket w/the flower pinned to it instead of the skirt... That should silence the nasty little voice whipsering 'Mutton dressed as lamb! ' ;)
mudcat said... (3/6/05 11:54 AM) Reply
Lisa, the latest version looks smashing. If you're comfortable wearing it, you should keep it. Dress for yourself, not your family. :)
Liana said... (3/6/05 10:57 AM) Reply
I think it's just darling! You may have to share it with your DD, but if you want to wear it, I say go for it, it's very cute on you.
Tonia Van Dyk said... (3/6/05 5:59 AM) Reply
Lisa, I LOVE the lavender skirt! It is fantastic. No, I don't think you should pass this on to DD. It looks wonderful on you, and as long as you feel great wearing, I think you should keep it.
jlg said... (3/6/05 5:57 AM) Reply
I agree with Kathleen; it looks great.
KathleenS said... (3/6/05 0:31 AM) Reply
You are so creative! The experiment really worked out - that is a cute skirt.
SouthernStitch said... (2/18/04 8:06 PM) Reply
I am so impressed!! You do look fabulous in both the latest updates.
Schnauzer said... (2/18/04 6:26 PM) Reply
I agree with the other ladies.Both skirts are very nice on you.The Long Bolero compliments the short skirt superbly.
MaryBeth said... (2/18/04 10:10 AM) Reply
Lisa: the short version with the Long Bolero looks very good on you!
Hilary said... (2/18/04 9:59 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh, Lisa, that burn out version is GORGEOUS !! very flattering on you, I love it! great Review, thanks for updating!
jlg said... (2/18/04 6:38 AM) Reply
Lisa, you and the outfit do look smashing.
JDpenelope said... (2/18/04 5:23 AM) Reply
Love the skirt(s) and the review(s)! I can stand the update! The math looks a bit intimidating and I'm good at math! Nice to see you overcome all obstacles in the original skirts. I like all versions.
Lisa Laree said... (1/10/04 8:13 PM) Reply
Thanks, Ladies! Linda, I didn't line the was less 'sheer' than most burnouts (it even says on the EOS site that it wouldn't need to be lined)
Sew Jane said... (1/10/04 6:33 PM) Reply
Lisa, your new skirt is beautiful and you look beautiful in it! Keep up the good work.
cindyann said... (1/10/04 6:18 PM) Reply
Very nice skirt. I really must add this skirt pattern to my stash. I love the longer length.
Jennifer shaw said... (1/10/04 5:05 PM) Reply
Lisa, your new skirt looks so great on you!
Danvillegirl said... (1/10/04 4:39 PM) Reply
Lisa, did you line the burnout? If so what did you use. I have some burnout velvet from ages ago and now I am inspired to try it with this pattern. I love this pattern.
Debbie Spriggs said... (1/10/04 3:46 PM) Reply
Your new outfit is very becoming, Lisa, and the skirt length looks great!
jlg said... (1/10/04 3:20 PM) Reply
Lisa, very pretty on you. I also got some of that velvet (in brown) with the intention of making this skirt. I am so glad that you reviewed this.
Ruth C said... (1/10/04 2:55 PM) Reply
Love your new skirt!
Lisa Laree said... (12/12/02 1:51 AM) Reply
I feel kinda bad posting the whole boatload at once and flooding the active page, but we had two rolls developed...oh, for a digital camera! Thanks for your kind words, ladies! I had a great piece of fabric to use!
Nan said... (12/12/02 1:42 AM) Reply
Lisa, you look adorable in this outfit! Thanks for taking the time to post pics of all your fun creations
CatherineN said... (12/11/02 11:31 PM) Reply
This looks so good! I like the length of the skirt and the depth of the flounce. Nice boots too.
AnneM said... (12/11/02 9:05 AM) Reply
And your skirt looks great as well as sounds great. Very nice style.
said... (10/17/02 9:27 AM) Reply
Lisa, your skirt sounds great! I'm so glad that fall will be here soon (at least I hope) so that I can wear my wool jersey version.
Click here if you wish to edit your comment

by: LBH2010

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Favorite Things A Wallet Purse Pattern