Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2900 (DKNY Dress)

Reviewed by:Sue Anfang

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
jojoeffe said... (10/16/06 2:28 AM) Reply
Wow!
steadystitchn said... (8/6/06 5:52 PM) Reply
Great review. I love your dress. You did a wonderful job on it.
AnneM said... (6/18/06 4:00 PM) Reply
You can't tell from the finished product that you hate matching stripes. Although it is a really good thing to keep in mind when attempting a bias dress.
Lisa Laree said... (6/14/06 10:38 AM) Reply
What a brave lady! I'm thinking about doing this in plain black...no stripes... ;) You have a fabulous looking dress, though, and the matched stripes are jaw-dropping amazing.
lisaquilts said... (6/14/06 10:34 AM) Reply
Absolutely stunning. I'm definitely getting this pattern at the next sale.
Dobedowawa said... (6/1/06 12:33 PM) Reply
Love the stripes! They are always out of this pattern at every pattern sale at the local JA'ns. But I LOVE the stripes! The chevron effect is lovely! You know that if you do something this well you will be called upon to do it again ....
nicegirl said... (5/30/06 9:39 AM) Reply
That is wonderful! I am very impressed with your stripe-matching skillz.
Kay Y said... (5/29/06 10:02 PM) Reply
For someone who hates matching stripes, you did a fabulous job of it - I hope you think it was worth it. FWIW, I looked at this pattern when it came out and thought "nice, but matching those stripes ... wow would that be hard". I bow to your superior stripe-matching!
artist1lisa said... (5/29/06 7:22 PM) Reply
Oh wow ! It's beautiful !
Elemenopeo said... (5/29/06 2:18 PM) Reply
Well worth the effort. Wear it all you can.
Em's Summer said... (5/29/06 12:27 PM) Reply
I don't like matching stripes, either. But that dress pops in stripes. You did a really super job!
CatherineN said... (5/29/06 12:20 PM) Reply
You did a perfect job with those stripes. The dress is very attractive.
LBJ said... (5/29/06 10:57 AM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Stacy Sews said... (5/29/06 10:08 AM) Reply
Wow! Incredible job on this dress - I'm not sure that I could get those stripes to match!
xela said... (5/29/06 10:05 AM) Reply
In spite of the fact that you hate to match stripes it looks fabulous. All your effort was absolutely worth it in the end. Thanks for the review. PS I hate cutting out linings.
Harriet Rogers said... (5/29/06 10:05 AM) Reply
Sue: I love this: looks like a perfect style dress for you. The stripes are astounding, but I hope you feel your work paid off: this really is a "stunner".
Lorna C. Newman said... (5/29/06 9:28 AM) Reply
WOW, Sue! You should get lots of compliments on this at work ... you are going to wear it for a bit before it gets a rest on display, right?
Tiner W said... (5/29/06 9:02 AM) Reply
Wonderful! I have this pattern, can't wait to make it, But I can tell you, mine will not have stripes! I am in awe!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (5/29/06 8:48 AM) Reply
Your dress looks great. All the work you put into it will pay off in wearing enjoyment, I would imagine. Congratulations on an outstanding job.
cindyj said... (5/29/06 8:44 AM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this dress! I've had the pattern in the closet for two months just waiting for someone to tell me it wasn't a monster to make. the stripes look great!
Sue Anfang said... (5/29/06 8:34 AM) Reply
Fuzzy, I did use my walking foot, and basting. To be honest, the hard part was cutting it out properly. The second hardest part was getting things stay together when sewing.
Nancy K said... (5/29/06 8:32 AM) Reply
wow! Fabulous job.
countrybug said... (5/29/06 8:19 AM) Reply
Well for hating to match the stripes you did an awesome job. The dress is great and I bet it looks great on you. Good job.
Danvillegirl said... (5/29/06 7:24 AM) Reply
Great dress. I love the way you did match the stripes, hating it so much, that you did an excellent job.
CarolynGM said... (5/29/06 6:57 AM) Reply
I just looked up the pattern, and I can now see why it would be a bear to match the stripes. You did such a good job, that I can't even tell there are so many pieces in the bodice.
KathleenS said... (5/29/06 5:45 AM) Reply
[grin] I know how you feel. Are the armholes snug on this pattern or did you make them that way? I'm always concerned about that with sleeveless patterns.
jlg said... (5/29/06 5:40 AM) Reply
Great job. I've wanted this pattern as soon as I saw it. Thanks for the review.
fuzzygalore said... (5/29/06 3:14 AM) Reply
Mmmm.. do you have a walking foot? You can get a fine mechanical model that fits all machines for something like $10. I'd never again attempt to match stripes without mine.. Unless of course you used a serger, in which case the differential feed is the most important. But really, technology is the answer :-). Not that you don't do a great job of matching all the same!
Kay Romo said... (5/29/06 0:06 AM) Reply
This is a lovely dress. You did a good job!
jemgirlca said... (5/28/06 11:26 PM) Reply
Looks great! Good job on the stripe matching!
Lori V said... (5/28/06 11:10 PM) Reply
Oh, I have this pattern. Your dress is beautiful even in the stripes!!!!
sommeil said... (5/28/06 11:09 PM) Reply
it looks absolutely fantastic. it also looks like it would be a pain in the butt to match the stripes.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/28/06 11:02 PM) Reply
This was a fun review to read. I do love the dress and even though "you hate having to match stripes" it looks beautiful.
leigh7911 said... (5/28/06 11:01 PM) Reply
Now I want this pattern even more! Looks great. So, what do you think of working with stripes? ;)
wvsher said... (5/28/06 10:40 PM) Reply
Sorry it was such a hassle, but wonderful results. I have never attempted to match stripes; can't even imagine. (Probably never will.) lol Love the style of the dress. I'm looking for the pattern now to see if it has a version with sleeves.
Kristen said... (5/28/06 10:39 PM) Reply
I love it!! I was just looking thru my patterns today and was considering it... Thanks for sharing...Kristen

Other My Childhood Treasures