Pattern Reviews> Decades of Style> 2803 Bridge Jacket (1928 Bridge Jacket)

Reviewed by:SueV

About SueVstarstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 1/29/04
Posted on:5/30/06 11:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

Vesta Patterns

ImListening said... (12/18/11 9:25 PM) Reply
Photo is still broken. I'd love to see it too. Thanks for your review
Sewphie said... (5/8/09 9:51 PM) Reply
Darn, I wish I could see a photo of your jacket = it sounds wonderful. Could you fix the link please?
Ann Smith said... (6/1/06 2:17 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very helpful review. Like Harriet, I have this pattern and have been pondering different fabrics in my stash. It looks like a real winner.
Harriet Rogers said... (5/31/06 10:03 PM) Reply
I'm ecstatic that you've reviewed this. I bought the pattern about 3 weeks ago and have been wondering what fabric to make it in. Your version is gorgeous: thanks so much for review.
Leslie Bonner said... (5/31/06 1:29 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket - looks so contemporary. I am definitely going to try this one.
Elemenopeo said... (5/31/06 1:21 PM) Reply
This is a great design and so punchy from the typical jacket.
wvsher said... (5/31/06 11:11 AM) Reply
Cool jacket, very stylish.
Karla Kizer said... (5/31/06 7:59 AM) Reply
I received my copy of this pattern last week, so I appreciate your helpful tips about marking the pieces very carefully. Your version looks great and has made me even more eager to get started on it.
jemgirlca said... (5/31/06 7:50 AM) Reply
I've been wondering what this would look like made up. Yours looks great, thanks for the reveiw!!
Tall Mary said... (5/31/06 1:57 AM) Reply
Thanks for your helpful review. I have just received navy tropical wool and gray tropical wool from Manhattan fabric. This jacket pattern would be great for either or both fabrics. Your review was thorough and inspiring. Thanks.
10Ksteps said... (5/31/06 0:59 AM) Reply
This is certainly an interesting, unexpected design. Obviously, a design from the past is still smashing and timeless. Good review and demonstration of a pretty jacket.
KarmenG said... (5/31/06 0:07 AM) Reply
Very elegant! Nice job. You'll get a lot of wear and lots of compliments too.
drsue said... (5/30/06 11:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review; I was wondering how this would look. Yours is really terrific.
KitnRose said... (5/30/06 11:40 PM) Reply
Oooooh, what a sleek, elegant look! It's so timeless and lovely. The fabric is perfect with the clean lines. You're right, absolutely perfect for overly air-conditioned offices (like mine, come to think of it...). :)
Seamingly Simple said... (5/30/06 11:36 PM) Reply
What a great design. I love the scarf ties in the back: what an unexpected treat! The fabric you chose and the fit you achieved make this a real winner. You should get lots of wear out of this fabulous jacket, even if you don't play bridge.

All About Linings