Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5189

Posted on:5/30/06 2:33 PM
Last Updated:5/30/06 2:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
aquamarineerica said... (3/16/10 4:27 PM) Reply
I made this dress also, one in a size 14 (that's what the sizing recommended for my measurements), and when I saw that it was actually a little too big on me, I made the next dress (using this pattern) in a size 10. I do like them. Good review.
cecelia said... (9/9/06 6:12 PM) Reply
RJ--That is so cool--I'm actually a paralegal too, and my dad's family all come from Ohio/Penn! Let me know how you make out with your dress!
RJFoote said... (9/8/06 10:59 PM) Reply
Cecelia I am in shock! Great legal minds must think alike because I am currently working on this same dress...right down to the fabric. And I thought I would be unique...At least I know I am going to love it when I'm done. PS I'm a paralegal in Cinti.
cecelia said... (7/3/06 7:43 AM) Reply
I finally figured out how to do the photos!
AnneM said... (6/21/06 7:30 PM) Reply
This is a very nice, basic style. Hope you get some wear out of it.
cecelia said... (6/1/06 9:52 AM) Reply
I'm new, so am working on photos of things I've finished and will post one as soon as I can.
wvsher said... (5/31/06 9:08 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review! I don't like tiebacks on me, either, and would probably also eliminate them if I made this pattern for myself.
BillieJean said... (5/31/06 6:58 AM) Reply
Any chance of a pic? I especially appreciate your comment about "loved styles from the past no longer flattering to a changed figure." I am discovering this about myself. I've almost decided that dresses are no longer for me. Skirts with tops on the outside are now best for me. Hang in there. Billie

by: catintheha...