Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2446 (Choice of bikinis)

Reviewed by:Stacy Sews

About Stacy Sewsstarstarstarstar
KS USA
Member since: 1/13/04
Posted on:5/30/06 10:06 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
CallMeSu said... (3/1/12 4:44 PM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks wonderful and your figure is divine!!! Thanks for the review!
RobinMCPA said... (6/24/09 11:36 AM) Reply
I have had this pattern for awhile and am finally ready to start working on it soon. Yours turned out really great!!! I was noticing that when I measured the pattern piece for the size S top (based on my measurements) it was much larger than my RTW bikini tops! So thanks for the reassurance that I'm not the only one who noticed all this extra fabric. I think I will go down a few sizes to one that more closely approximates my RTW top that fits well. Also thanks for the heads up on the bottom sizing- I definitely don't want the bottom to be too tight so I will go up a size!
Leora said... (6/10/06 2:41 PM) Reply
I had the same problem with the triangles and the shorts. I racked it up to being a newbie at swimwear. I ended up double lining the triangles and inserting a pad in each but still too big. Then I had to add 1.5 inch vertical bands in each outer leg, so I also elongated them into shorts and covered up various sins. No matter I still don't look as good in my suit as you do!! Thanks for the validation that I'm not completely out of my mind ... it is just the way this pattern is drafted. :)
MarionP said... (6/8/06 10:59 PM) Reply
Great suit. Thorough review!! Happy swiming
runnerchicki said... (6/4/06 11:29 AM) Reply
Great looking suit! You look really good in it too! This review, and your photo have made me decide to try this pattern. I really need the extra coverage on the top, so I think it would be a good pattern for me. Thanks so much for reviewing this!
lornakismet said... (5/31/06 11:17 PM) Reply
You created a very pretty swimsuit and you look great in it. :-) -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
Stacy Sews said... (5/31/06 3:22 PM) Reply
HMS7 - I just zigzaged the elastic in. Oh how I wish I had a coverstitch!
casken said... (5/31/06 1:09 PM) Reply
You did a great job. Great review too.
chip1980 said... (5/31/06 11:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for writing such an honest review. I agree, the amount of fabric for the triangle is a bit generous...The model wears the beautiful blue swimsuit VERY well...and the tan is perfect. Now where's the beach?? I have this pattern and was just getting ready to start the project...Thanks for the reminder about double checking the stretch directionality. Easy to forget when you are actually working on a project...and wanting to get it to the sewing machine. (Cutting is my LEAST favorite part anyway). Looks just like RTW...and probably feels even better.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/31/06 11:05 AM) Reply
Wow ! You look so tanned and fit and ready for summer. Great suit, love the cool blue. Keep making those swimsuits, you are doing a great job! PS did you use a coverstitch machine or just zigzagged the elastic in? It looks so RTW.
wvsher said... (5/31/06 11:04 AM) Reply
Nice bikini!
jemgirlca said... (5/31/06 9:00 AM) Reply
Great suit! The color is really pretty.
Sewliz said... (5/31/06 8:20 AM) Reply
Look at that beautiful buff woman in that pretty suit! I like the fabric you chose. I'm glad you didn't give up on this project because it does look good even if you don't care for the fit. I want to make DD a bikini but maybe I'll skip this pattern. Thanks for the good review.
ryansmumAria said... (5/30/06 11:32 PM) Reply
Great job. It's situations like this that have taught me to fit garment at several stages and make needed changes throughout sewing process rather than sewing item all up and then seeing the problems. I agree that triangle is much too large but your choice in fabric is wonderful.
Little Birdie said... (5/30/06 10:45 PM) Reply
Very helpful review! I think you did a great job!

More Knits