Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6604 (New Look 6604 Misses Camisole)

Reviewed by:MichelleE

About MichelleEstar
CA United States
Member since: 2/7/03
Posted on:6/6/06 11:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Marji said... (8/6/07 9:15 AM) Reply
The use of the ombre fabric and the addition of beads and decorative stitching takes this top onto another level altogether. Beautifully done!
KrystalL said... (6/16/06 3:41 PM) Reply
KrystalL said... (6/16/06 3:40 PM) Reply
Your top is just beautiful. I love the fabric color and the beading at the waist and bottom. Such a nice touch! I think I may run out and try this pattern myself.
FloraNature said... (6/7/06 6:15 PM) Reply
Such a pretty top. What a clever use of beading. I hope you enjoy wearing it!
KAB said... (6/7/06 4:20 PM) Reply
Everyone has said it all; it's a beauty!
MichelleE said... (6/7/06 4:15 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice comments, it makes me want to write more reviews! CathyLovesFabric, these were sew on beads. I went to 2 run of the mill places - Ben Franklin and Michaels - both of which had lousy selection before I found the right ones at a bead store called Baubles and Beads in San Rafael, which has a lovely selection.
Elemenopeo said... (6/7/06 1:38 PM) Reply
It is indeed a unique design and your added touches made it more so. Great top.
Sewnla said... (6/7/06 1:35 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top I bet it even looks better on you. You are an inspiration. You prove that things don't have to go together perfectly and still they can be gorgeous!
Ceri590 said... (6/7/06 11:54 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great combo of color and detail. I was blown away when I read the beading was an afterthought. Congratulations!
Physics Girl said... (6/7/06 10:27 AM) Reply
Lovely top -- you might have convinced me to go for one of these designs I also tend to think of as "maternity" styles. The beading is lovely... I've used the same technique when I've needed to hide things. TYour hubby better get you out soon!
slanden99 said... (6/7/06 10:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty. I love the details you added
Hilary said... (6/7/06 10:00 AM) Reply
Your top is beautiful-I love the color gradation, and the beading you adding is the perfect finish! Thanks for the review, I agree yours is a million times better than the pattern photo!
marthamyers said... (6/7/06 9:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful top! Hope you get to wear it soon. I loved your story about taking another project apart to make this one. How satisfying it must be to see this unique fabric come together in such a lovely way.
casken said... (6/7/06 9:43 AM) Reply
I really like your top. Very stylin! Thank you for your review.
alysonwonderlan said... (6/7/06 9:20 AM) Reply
OMG, what a beautiful top! I love the two-tone and the beading and you did a fantastic job thinking on your feet. :-)
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/7/06 9:14 AM) Reply
Stunning top Michelle. What type of glue did you use to apply the beads? It looks like it must have taken hours and hours and hours to do it.
BeckyW said... (6/7/06 8:04 AM) Reply
Great job, and great review.
StephW said... (6/7/06 7:56 AM) Reply
Wow, really nice. Now that is a top to be proud of.
Lori V said... (6/7/06 7:27 AM) Reply
So beautiful. The fabric and beading are stunning.
BillieJean said... (6/7/06 6:33 AM) Reply
Beautiful job!! This is just elegant. Billie
lilhoney57 said... (6/7/06 6:29 AM) Reply
i thinks it looks beautiful! I love it!!
Vonnevo said... (6/7/06 4:15 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! You have taken an ordinary design and made it into a spectacular top... a lovely mix of textures, colour and embellishments. It looks very top end. Congratulations and enjoy wearing it.
Ann Smith said... (6/7/06 0:38 AM) Reply
How pretty. What a great use of beading. Wonderful.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/6/06 11:59 PM) Reply
Very nice. The crystals really stand out and make it your own. Lovely
jnamcd said... (6/6/06 11:47 PM) Reply
Oh, I think this is really cute! You did a great job on it, and the beading is so nice! Beautiful!

SewBaby Alphabet Take-Along book Pattern

SewBaby Alphabet Take-Along book Pattern

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Other Compagnie M