Pattern Reviews> Purrfection> 1007 (Kimono Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

About OP Galstarstarstar
KS United States
Member since: 10/14/03
Posted on:6/7/06 7:30 PM
Last Updated:6/8/06 10:57 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
COAggie said... (9/24/08 9:01 PM) Reply
Your coat is so lovely, OP Gal! The juji stitching and soft blue cloth reminds me of Japanese fireman's coats. Am just starting the short jacket, and am so encouraged by your results. Thanks for such a complete review. Sashiko? Maybe someday for sure!
Barbara Norwood said... (12/20/06 10:56 AM) Reply
I have made this pattern up five times as a vest - I have been worried about making it up as a jacket, because I find that the shoulder seams are too steep for me, and I have to cut it out each time with a straighter shoulder and then pin fit it to myself to get the right angle on the shoulders. This makes me very nervous about fitting a sleeve to those shoulders. I also end up tapering the side seams narrower at the bust and wider at the hip - which adds to my concern about the sleeve. However, it is a wonderfully flattering pattern, and I encourage everyone to give it a try. I have made it up in unlined polarfleece, Pendelton Wool, a pieced vest with a dragon batik painting on the back, a machine quilted novelty print and now in a Laurel Burch print with Dupioni lining.
Neana said... (7/29/06 2:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!! Great review. I've shy'd away from purrfection because the model is so tall and thin I wasn't sure how well they would adapt to plus sizes.
LoriB said... (6/8/06 12:53 PM) Reply
Very nice fabric choice. Beautiful!
Susan R said... (6/8/06 11:10 AM) Reply
I love your jacket. The sashiko on the band really makes it special. I've made this pattern a couple of times and like it very much too.
patsijean said... (6/8/06 11:09 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job. And it passed the "Have you worn it?" test with flying colors. The extra work to do the Sashiko Stitching is worth it. For anyone wanting to try Sashiko, there are several books available at Amazon.com. I picked out one titled Sashiko: Easy & Elegant Designs for Decorative Japanese Machine Stitching (Paperback) by Mary Parker that is for machine stitching. Here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579903215/ref=pd_bbs_null_3/102-5045434-5641731?s=books&v=glance&n=283155 They have several available at reasonable prices.
patsijean said... (6/8/06 11:08 AM) Reply
wvsher said... (6/8/06 8:51 AM) Reply
Nice jacket; love the color.
jbrewer said... (6/8/06 7:05 AM) Reply
Wow! Love that fabric! Great looking jacket.
Mini said... (6/7/06 9:48 PM) Reply
That's lovely! I remember the sashiko article, and this is a really good use for it.
bunz said... (6/7/06 9:45 PM) Reply
good looking jacket. Kudos to you for trying the sashiko!
Em's Summer said... (6/7/06 9:00 PM) Reply
That is an amazing jacket!
Linda E. said... (6/7/06 8:17 PM) Reply
Your jacket is really cute you did a good job on it.. I made this pattern once.

by: stonecutte...

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Beginner Sewing Lab 104 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford