Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 3843 (3843: Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:SBanks

About SBanksstar
NH USA
Member since: 12/13/05
Posted on:6/7/06 7:52 PM
Last Updated:6/7/06 7:52 PM

See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
lornakismet said... (6/9/06 11:46 AM) Reply
This is beautiful ------ and I like the fabric. -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
SarahWeb said... (6/8/06 3:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I learned something I had never heard of before and would like to try: strap seams. I have to admit, when I looked at the main picture of your top, I knew there was something special about those seams but I wasn't sure what I was seeing, till I read on. Thanks for the close up view of your work. It is very elegant.
patsijean said... (6/8/06 11:21 AM) Reply
Your top is wonderful.. I have never had the courage to make a strap seam. Great job.
stitchwitch said... (6/8/06 10:41 AM) Reply
What a stunning top! Thankyou for the review.
wvsher said... (6/8/06 8:52 AM) Reply
Very beautiful top. Great job!
ryan's mom said... (6/8/06 5:46 AM) Reply
I've been waiting for this review! :) I just love what you did with strap seams--very couture looking. Such a lovely top.
fuzzygalore said... (6/8/06 1:36 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. The only thing I don't get is the apologizing for using an invisible zipper. Did I miss something? How can something so useful be considered uncool by anyone?? I mean, I like Sciapparelli exposed metal teeth as much as anyone, but when I'm not looking for that style there's no reason to use anything but invisibles...
Em's Summer said... (6/7/06 8:48 PM) Reply
What a beautiful top! I love that style and am going to make several out of cotton for summer! Thanks for this great review!
OP Gal said... (6/7/06 8:08 PM) Reply
Brautiful top and great review. Your strap seam detail is so clever! I'll have to get up the nerve to try it some time.

Maggie Paper Pattern