Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6429 (Misses' Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:Tonya

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Heatherrique said... (7/26/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Sensational and sizzling dresses on you! My favorite is the collared version! So DVF!
Twinset said... (7/26/08 11:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful, you wear it so well!
Katharine in BXL said... (1/7/07 9:16 AM) Reply
Fun dress! I love your spunky reviews.
mmelaFarge said... (7/11/06 7:36 PM) Reply
good review and loved her spirit of trying something out of the comfort zone. I have a lot of issues with that myself.
AnneM said... (7/6/06 1:20 PM) Reply
Very nice dress. This is a pattern that I also wouldn't have looked at if it wasn't for the great results everyone is getting. I still haven't bought it, but I keep thinking about it.
Julia Graham said... (6/15/06 8:00 PM) Reply
Tonya -- I often check in with your reviews because we have similar body types. I think that's one of the prettiest dresses I have ever seen and looks GREAT on you. The fabric is gorgeous with your skin tone. You could dance proudly to k.d. lang's "Big Boned Gal" in that dress!
Jennifer shaw said... (6/10/06 11:57 PM) Reply
Your dress looks terrific and is very flattering on you! I liked your comments about your legs- I think that I am your long lost twin, only I am short with the same D*&^n legs! Kudos on your graduation from your residency !!!
Tonya said... (6/10/06 11:27 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments!

Rosephreak, I added to the webpage to help people know to scroll down - thanks for the input.

Elona, I agree about the delicate shoe - I searched Zappos for weeks and ordered 3 different shoes to find the best one, LOL.

OP Gal, yes, the cats run the house. Glad you enjoyed the website.

Again, you all are quite encouraging - thanks!

xela said... (6/10/06 10:34 AM) Reply
Pretty, pretty, pretty! Be proud!
slanden99 said... (6/10/06 10:27 AM) Reply
Nice dress. It looks good in the EOS fabric
ryan's mom said... (6/10/06 9:53 AM) Reply
Looks great! And what great EOS fabric with the style--you're are sure to be a standout whereever you wear this dress!
JDpenelope said... (6/10/06 7:05 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and great review. Now I want one. Congratulations on your professional milestone, too.
OP Gal said... (6/9/06 8:29 PM) Reply
Cool dress. It looks fab on you. Congratulations on graduating from your residency. I checked out your web site. What a cool gal. (Cool cats, too.) Wish you were practicing in my area!
sewbehind said... (6/9/06 7:21 PM) Reply
The dress looks awesome on you! Beautiful colour.
Rhoda K said... (6/9/06 5:08 PM) Reply
A beautiful dress that looks very good on you and very good review. I'm getting closer and closer to trying more prints. This pattern will definitely go on to my wishlist. Congrats on your residency!!
Tiner W said... (6/9/06 5:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress! Gorgeous fabric! I've gotta get this pattern!
Elona said... (6/9/06 3:46 PM) Reply
The dress is quite lovely on you, just as it is. Gosh, the shoes look terrific, too. This dress profits from a delicate shoe, I think.
SarahWeb said... (6/9/06 2:56 PM) Reply
I think your DH is right, the neckline is not too low. (I do love it when they say something positive!) The dress as a whole looks great on you and I hope you enjoy wearing it. Thanks for reviewing this pattern.
Hilary said... (6/9/06 1:36 PM) Reply
This looks great on you (and I think the neckline looks fine, not too low). I love the shoes too, btw :o) Congratulations on your upcoming graduation, too!
bunz said... (6/9/06 1:23 PM) Reply
OK, I've got the picture. It DOES look great on you. You really nailed the length and proportions. Thanks for a great review.
bunz said... (6/9/06 12:34 PM) Reply
Well, for some reason, I'm not getting the picture, but I'll assume it looks great on you :-) and by the way -- hot pink -- is a color that looks fab on me! See, one woman's "blech" is another woman's WOW!!
Vivienne said... (6/9/06 12:06 PM) Reply
Dress, shoes and pedicure look great on you! Your ruffle is a really pretty, feminine addition. Definitely more than wearable!
milwaukee_kelly said... (6/9/06 11:58 AM) Reply
OOH LA LA! Am putting on my wish list now!
sewnbysf said... (6/9/06 11:57 AM) Reply
The dress looks great!
Mary Stiefer said... (6/9/06 11:49 AM) Reply
What a great looking dress. Your alterations were, obviously, correct and it looks like it fits you perfectly. The shoes are "to die for". How cool. I wish I could wear high heels again. Problems with my osteoarthritic knee prevents that.
rosephreak said... (6/9/06 11:39 AM) Reply
This looks really nice on you and looks like a good fit. One note - I didn't realize that on the project photo link I needed to scroll down to see your pictures. You might want to let people know. And your DH is right -the neckline is not that low. In fact, if I were to make it myself, I'd lower it (just my preference.) And your calves are not huge. The length looks lovely on you especially with the great shoes. Nice job.
wvsher said... (6/9/06 11:28 AM) Reply
Pretty dress; looks fab on you!
JulieT said... (6/9/06 11:07 AM) Reply
Wow the dress looks gorgeous on you! And I think you just helped me figure out part of my problem with tops. I to am a triangle, or pear, shape and have had problems with the upper chest being to loose. I definately think now that I need to go smaller in shoulder size and work my way bigger as I go down the bodice! Thanks! The dress is beautiful and congratulations on the residency graduation!!!
pterion said... (6/9/06 10:59 AM) Reply
Great dress, terrific fabric! I don't think the neckline is too low at all. You look fabulous!
redhead said... (6/9/06 10:35 AM) Reply
I love your dress, and your calves look pretty shapely to me. Very hot dress and love the shoes. Congratulations on escaping that old comfort zone!
popoagiesmiles said... (6/9/06 8:58 AM) Reply
Tonya, I think the dress looks really nice. I too avoid low necklines, but this does not look low to me based on the pictures. And, if you had skinny little calves, I think it would look odd. All looks in proportion, and you look really good in this. I've seen this dress made up a bit snugger, and that would look good too. If you are really self-conscious about the neckline, you could look for or make a very lightweight, stretchy cami with a coorinating lace edging across the top to help you know you're covered if you bend over or anything slips. You could also to stay cool, fashion a triangle shaped panel that you sew or snap to the top of your bra so that it looks like a cami is on if you bend over but you don't have all that double fabric everywhere else.
Ronda Rae said... (6/9/06 8:19 AM) Reply
It looks awesome. I've been eyeing this pattern but am not great with knits yet. Your review gives me inspiration since you said it was easy. Congrats on your graduation!
Karla Kizer said... (6/9/06 8:02 AM) Reply
It's perfect, Tonya. That neckline doesn't look too low at all - at least from here. (Just stay 2000 miles from everyone and you won't feel self-conscious....) I think your work paid off handsomely - it looks great. Good review, too. Thanks.
Janine S said... (6/9/06 6:56 AM) Reply
Great dress. I have this pattern, but have yet to try... I wondered about the neckline being too low also, your's looks fine.
susinok said... (6/9/06 6:55 AM) Reply
Your calves look fine. Mine are bigger and I'd totally wear that dress! It's gorgeous. I just put that pattern on my wishlist!
hongkongshopper said... (6/9/06 6:01 AM) Reply
The dress looks really nice on you!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (6/9/06 1:58 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, I thought that fabric looked familiar. It's a very attractive party dress. Congratulations on your graduation from your residency program!

Kayla Kennington 721