Pattern Reviews> Burda> 8082 (T-Shirt and Dress)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:8/5/06 0:12 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Plus
Karen6790 said... (8/7/06 9:39 AM) Reply
I got the dress form recently on ebay because the Singer one I'd purchased before that was a piece of junk that fell over every time I tried to pull a top over its head. The seller on this is PGMPro and they have two kinds - this one, which is the lower priced one at $149, and a much higher one that looks like the ones they use on Project Runway. It's very sturdy and pinnable, and I really like it.
Sew4Fun said... (8/5/06 7:59 PM) Reply
Pretty top. I had my eye on this fabric too.
carolynw said... (8/5/06 10:44 AM) Reply
Karen - like j22b any info re the dress form would be much appreciated
carolynw said... (8/5/06 10:43 AM) Reply
Looks really nice - thanks for the review and tip on raising fron neckline. Very timely as I have this pattern and it's soon to go on the cutting table with a knit - also from EOS. Doesn't she have the loveliest??
j222b said... (8/5/06 10:11 AM) Reply
Very nice. Can you tell me what type of dressform you have there, the cost and anything else you might want to divulge. It looks very nice, too.
Stacy Sews said... (8/5/06 9:54 AM) Reply
Great job on this top! I love the print with this (EOS buttermilks helped me get over my knit fears).
MarilynB said... (8/5/06 9:36 AM) Reply
Oh la la! C'est bon! I agree with your raising the front neckline, it's just more comfortable when you don't have to worry about exposing yourself.
Debbie Cook said... (8/5/06 9:18 AM) Reply
I really like the semi-raglan sleeve shaping on this top. You say it's not your best sewing, but I can't tell that from here. It looks great to me! I have this same print in buttermilk but blue/green tones. It is a cool fabric, isn't it?
Linda F said... (8/5/06 9:08 AM) Reply
Beautiful top and great job.
Deepika said... (8/5/06 8:36 AM) Reply
Karen, I love your top. Is mesh not sheer? On your dressform it doesnt seesm that way. Did you line it?
Lori V said... (8/5/06 7:48 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top. You have sewn some great looking knit tops lately.
Ronda Rae said... (8/5/06 6:29 AM) Reply
Nice! I have a very similar fabric that's been cut and sew a bit, but got intimidated with the neck and put it aside. You've inspired me to take it out and try to tackle my fears of knits!
AliceB said... (8/5/06 0:30 AM) Reply
Very nice top. I agree about raising the front a bit. I've made this a couple times and find it too low for work without a cami. Now if I could actually remember to cut the raised front I need to retrace my pattern with the higher front. :)

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300